Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1977 Low Rider magazine

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by oldschoolantiqueauto, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Does any one know much about the first year (1977) of the LowRider Magazine? I know I have a No. 1 Jan. & No. 2 Feb./Mar. & No. 4, But I also have one that shows no clue on the front or back cover as to the year or month. It's in a sealed cover, so I can't look inside.
    The cover photo is in color of a 1947 Chevy 4 door fleetline, (German helmet). tan with brown roof.
    On the back cover is a black & white photo of something from the late 1960.s with hydraulics.
    Since I have No.1,2 & 4, of 1977, I'm guessing it's No.3, but I can't find any info. It's driving me crazy trying to find it on the Internet, but nothing is showing up...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a search: 35 Years In The Life - Lowrider Magazine 1977-2012 / lowrider.com

3. Maybe it's the preview issue?

4. I couldn't find anything about the date/issue # but I did find a picture.
    [​IMG]

5. Pat59, After going back to the web & trying preview or premier issues, still nothing?

Jalopy Joker, I went to the 35 year site & I can't go past the home page unless I register. I really hate joining sites I won't be using. It's the trust thing, giving access to my computer So I'm hoping some one here my know something of the magazine??

Sancho, Yea that's the cover, but my copy is sealed so I don't know what it may hide inside.

6. I was looking online also. Didn't come up with anything either. I just posted the photo I came across so maybe someone that knows recognizes it.

Corvette Fever likes this.
  7. I looked through that history site, the problem is they don't show all the covers. They have photos from the old issues but don't show the cover on all of them.
    I didn't think they would but I also checked the back issues on their site. They only go back a few years.

8. squirrel

squirrel

alanp561 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. The 35 year lowrider web site won't let me go past there home page unless I register to there site. I don't like registering to sites I won't use. It's a trust thing, giving personal info & letting them into my computer.
    These rides & young ladies bring back old Hi school memories to me to. I'm From Compton Calif. I started driving Chevy's in 1970 & drove most of these cars in these mag's. First a 1963, than a 49, than 1952 than a 1951 than 48, that a 1954, then a 1947, All Chevy's, slammed with 16" glasspacks & a 8 track player, LOL.
    Squirrel: That girl in the middle looks like one I dated in my soft more year..
    Those were the days...

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Volume 1 issue 1 was reprinted but not others - post cover pics of ones that you have

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. 001.JPG

Sorry, the plastic sleeves makes for a pour photo.
    The issue in question is the bottom left one.
    Also, as you can see that the top left one, N0. 1 1977 Mag. is smaller than the other 3 magazines. I guess my No.1 issue is the 2002 re-print, "BUMMER". I thought I had a gold mine with that one. But I still can not find a date for the bottom left one.

13. BigPoppa

BigPoppa
    from Denver

https://public.fotki.com/BigPoppa/kriss_stuff/car_stuff/lrm_covers/