Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1968 Cleveland Auto-Rama pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Ran across these fantastic pictures/link today on Don Moyer's Hot Rod Asylum FB page. Could not resist sharing. Do not think I attended much before the early 70's, as I had to rely on my older brother to drag me along.(winter of 1968 I was only 5)
    Wonder how many of them still exist today?? Roman's Chariot Shop was a big deal back then. Would trade my left testy for a few of them.

http://www.joestevensphotos.com/Cleveland-Autorama-Photos-1968/i-Pxb64tP/A

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  2. Oh no! Just fell into another rabbit hole. Time to put on a fresh pot of coffee. This guy is my hero, for capturing all these images, back in the day.
    http://www.joestevensphotos.com/

elgringo71 and loudbang like this.
  3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wow. Thanks Jake!
    Blast from the past. What an amazing collection.
    Its remarkable seeing the number of customs and actual race cars in the Autorama 64 photos.
    I’d guess 50% are customs, and of those, only 10% are taildraggers.
    Mmm. Pay close attention air riders.
    Not a frame laying on the floor in the whole house.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    loudbang and jakespeed63 like this.
  4. One thing I can't get enough of is vintage show photos.
    Thanks for posting.
    Sorry to say what a damn shame it is that every picture has a watermark plastered over the whole image.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. The water marks are a necessary evil to prevent people from stealing images and not paying for them. I've heard from countless photographers, stating how we don't get it, this is how they make their living. This digital age we live in, is a double edge sword. The fact that we can view these pictures is outright amazing. Someone put allot of time into scanning and uploading them. Joe Stevens was the man!. Be sure to check out his other work.

loudbang likes this.
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Loved them.. .that was a couple of years after I got out of high school. Haven't seen those racer boy ceramic / VHT white headers in awhile, you went faster with them, right? A big thanx for posting them. Gary

loudbang likes this.