Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1966 F100 "FE" Powered Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimeWarpF100, Jun 2, 2011.

1. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

A under ground home and shop - Solar and wind up top

2. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Am now in a rental place with 3car attached garage with plenty of room out back for the Other vehicles and equipment.

Hoping tomorrow I can put in a temporary A/C unit from Home Depot, 108deg today with temp humidity on way up again. Once the A/C unit is in I will start on a project. Should be 2days tops to get it going. Garage is not insulated but will see what happens.

3. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

A couple more "Before" shots. 2 with my daughters who are now in teenage years. Trying to find pics with me by dads 66 F100 from back in 1966.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  4. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

5. I'm diggin it!:cool: Looking forward to see some more once your settled in your shop.

6. 72Gremlin

72Gremlin
    from Illinois

Fantastic thread!!! I have always loved the 1966 Ford trucks. Owned several years back!!!!

7. Movinman

Movinman

You bought a United Van Lines tractor and trailer? I drove for that company for more years than I can count. Haha! That's where the screen name comes from. The build looks great! I own a 66 myself.

8. FFR428

FFR428
    from CT

R looks great buddy! Glad you found a new place even if it's a temp till you buy something. You have some cool rides for sure!! All the best G.

9. FEDER

FEDER

A 108 A 108 !!!!! Jeeez can You like, cook breakfast outside on a rock ? Thats brutal
    hope You got friends in the A/C biz. I couldnt imagine workin on My ride in that heat.
    Im sure You will have a nice big a/c shop and not too soon Im sure. Good luck with the move. Took Me a couple yrs to get My house and shops done after the move. But Im
    oh so happy now. To bad You cant send Me up about 20 degrees of that heat and we would both be in good shape. Keep us posted. Fed

10. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Yeah, LOL! Traded my old 92' Plow truck and a JD Lawn Mower for the trailer then traded the semi tractor for a 427 Side Oiler and a few bucks cash. Total out of pocket ended up being under 2k. Hoping within a week or so can start to get a few things from semi trailer. Its parked here behind my rental along with my enclosed car trailer. Goal is by this weekend to have this garage in order and have the project truck parked inside.

ThanksG!

A week or so ago it was 118 here...

Update on garage: Last night it was around 107deg in garage and today bought and installed a window A/C unit and insulated one garage door. I looked a bit ago and it was down to 78 deg in garage! At high temp of day it was 120+ in garage. now with the A/C unit hoping to have it under 80deg.

The temp of garage doors in morning have been 160+ deg, when one would even walk within 8' or so from one it felt like a major heat wave. Now in morning I will check temp with insulation on doors to see how much diff it made. In the past very early morning the garage temp was still over 100 deg. inside. Set temp on a/c unit to 76 to see what happens. At 9 pm it was still 111 deg inside my enclosed car trailer! Thats where the PROJECT truck is sitting. At least the paint is probably baked enough! DId find some slight damage to paint today under hood...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  11. Real good looking truck.

12. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Its been a while since my last post on this thread. Yesterday I was finally able to get at some of my shop equipment, mainly my welders. Hoping next week I will be able to get back on this project again. Making headers that fit will be up first, then getting the engine fired for first time. Still no permanent residence but hoping that will change soon.

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

We ain't going anywhere! :)

14. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Have deal going with a bank owned should know in a couple days if we get the place.

In the mean time picked up another 1966 F100. A super nice straight and totally rust free Arizona truck. Has dealer installed air conditioning too!

Current rental garage is not big enough for me to remove box or the front clip. Clip has to come off to give me room to build the headers.

Getting pretty antsy now as its been since February since I have had a chance to really work on this project. All I can do is tinker with the 3 other current trucks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  15. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Hi, Great to see you here! How is ST doing?

16. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Wow cant believe I missed this thread. Simply amazing truck, and not to shabby on the restore lol. On a serious note you do amazing work my freind. And I just thought my 75f100 was cherry when i got it yours put mine to shame with that perfect sheetmetal. Cant wait to see some more pics of it.

17. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Your Fords are breeding!

-W

18. mow too much

mow too much

That has got to be the NICEST 66 I've ever seen, I can't wait to see it finished......I love 65-66 short wides. I had a red and white 66 that I owned for 15 years, I should have NEVER sold it.

The only picture I have??????

And it wont post???????

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  19. FFR428

FFR428
    from CT

Been pretty slow over there but I still check in daily. I've been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to just join up. ;) Anyway keep up the great work and have fun! G.

20. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Go Figure! Learned today that the rental house we are in is going to bank auction this thursday! Does anyone know how much time buyer will have to give before we are booted?
    Trustee sale so not sure if another buyer will get it or back to bank. With 700-800.00 per month in power bills cannot wait to leave here but... Not sure what I will do with all my vehicles, parts and other STUFF. Never got the semi completely unloaded now tomorrow I have to start packing again...

21. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

the bank has to give the owner of the house a 30 day notice before an auction, since the owner obviously did not tell you you will have to contact the lender to find out what is required of you as far as a timeline. if you are forcibly "evicted" from the home by the new buyer they are required to hold your belongings for 21 days. check the arizona landlord tennant act and contact the bank in charge of the sale to make sure you cover your ass.

22. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Thanks, I will do some checking tomorrow. There was a buyer but they obviously backed out recently.

23. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Well, Its been far too long since I worked on this truck! Moved 3 times with all my junk and projects from this past April-November. Bought a bank owned place with small shop that had been abandoned for close to 2 1/2yrs. Last couple months have been spent fixing up house and shop to make a workable place until my ship comes in and a new shop can be built. My smallest garage ever but at least I have a roof over my head. Tight quarters but at least my project truck fits to a small work area.

Shop needed a lot of work before I could move in. New roof, have 4 huge 2x8' skylights to keep the light bills down during day, additional wiring, lighting, wash up sink, insulation, sheetrock and of course paint to match the truck.

We were after a long wait able to find a 1 1/4 acre lot in town thats fully fenced with double gates. Well sorta, one gate and partial fence got knocked down so I built a new 16' access gate. Privacy and security were biggies.
    Now that house, garage stuff is done:

Yesterday started back on this project truck. Slow going for a while as I cannot fit all the parts in shop at once and still have another slot to work on daily drivers. I am sure many members are even more cramped with space but this will take a bit of getting used to.

I was able to add a 12k hoist outside for now as will not fit in shop. This will allow me to remove box etc for paint and body work. Need to pull front clip so I can build the headers. Engine has never been fired so that is near top of list of things to get done.

Picked up 2 more 66 Project trucks to build or use for parts. 5 in all now all pretty nice pieces. Updated pics soon.

24. tjm73

tjm73

Awesome thread. Very useful detail for anyone looking to work on one of these trucks. Look forward to future updates.

25. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Thanks! I have really been itchin' to get back on this dream truck but of course the brain is always going overtime on the "NEXT" project . . .

This has really put a damper on the FE Powered project here. Moved too many times in a short period and it really thru me off.

Next up is to build a set of headers for the 427 then on to getting it fired up for the first time.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  26. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

That trucks a beauty!Reminds of the 66 shorty I had in high school...had a tired mark III lincoln 365 hp 460.Still wooped on those five litres!Mine was a black and white custom cab.

27. graybearded

graybearded

My older sister dated a kid in high school who's dad bought a new '65 red & white. To me at age 14 I thought that was the best looking pickup ever, bar none! My dad was a dyed in the wool Chevy pickup guy, drove those baby blue Chevies, they did nothing for me. Fast forward to the early nineties, I tried to make a living for a couple of years selling used pieces and reproducing some items for those trucks. It was about 10 to 15 years ahead of thier time for Tulsa Trux. One winter we parted out about 19 long wide '65/'66 trucks. We offered a very nice three piece fiberglass headliner, still have the mold. A buisness opportunity in a unrelated field came along, Tulsa Trux fell by the way side. As we're approaching retirement age I'd sure like to give it another shot. Never was able to buy a Rangoon Red short wide!

28. Cshabang

Cshabang

I was wondering about your truck the other day. Time to check out your other build...I hate going over to Garage journal..I lose hours there and then want to start buying tools and shop equipment again haha

29. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Gotta love the 65~66 Ford Trucks. I installed a 1968 Thunderjet into a 1946 Ford Coupe as my first car long before I got out of high school. Back around 1973 or so.

What ever happened to rest of pieces you were selling? or were they all sold?

If you ever get to the point of wanting another truck I have a few spares laying around..

Its been so hot now to work outside but now have moved things around in shop so I can get going on project again.

30. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

no message

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012