Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Correct Craft

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Chucky, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Some assembly required. @Moriarity - I told you I was buying a boat.
    FD6B249B-5C7C-4BC5-80F0-174E5118BA3D.jpeg

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

bitchin.....

Chucky likes this.
  3. I’m starting to mount the engine / trans., it has all new stringers and floor. The wife calls it a hot rod for the water. She’s right.:D

Moriarity likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

4. greg32

greg32
    from lemont,IL

Used to ski behind a Ski Nautique. Mid 70's boat. 351 Cleveland power. I love straight inboards. And what a power house. Yank your arms out. Cool project.

Chucky likes this.
  5. This project came with a “boat load” of new parts. It also has some cool vintage parts. The Cal Custom hood scoop is sweet, but I don’t really like how it looks on the engine cover. I might sell it at a later time. The intake manifold is something I will not be selling.
    1EAE8930-EB03-47D4-A93A-0735A6B59027.png BC5D076B-D2F7-436F-99B8-794C1A452ED1.jpeg

6. My brother in law had a late 70’s Mastercraft Stars-n-Stripes with the 351 in it. It sounded so awesome and pulled like an ox. I want to teach our kids to ski behind something cool. Maybe catch a fish or two...there’s really only room for two fish anyways.:rolleyes:

greg32 likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

say why and.... bitchin

NoSurf likes this.
  8. DogsRule

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Chucky likes this.
  9. So, the boat has come a long way, since I posted last September. Come to think of it, so has the world, in a not so great way. I’m, hopefully, getting close to starting the boat for the first time and thought maybe my HAMB brothers might want something to read about besides another hot rod thread? I joined and posted a lot on correctcraftfan.com, but I got the feeling they were more like the ford barn, than the HAMB. I appreciate their interest in pure, certified USCG, not straying from stock position, but my boat, as most of early vintage, have been messed with so much that it isn’t cost effective to “restore”. Sadly, these boats don’t bring high dollars upon resale. I’m passionate about resurrecting old mechanical things of the past, but I’m not going to go too far beyond parts investment to feed my passion. Of course, I never expect to recoup my time. I’m fine with that. I wouldn’t do it, if I didn’t get some enjoyment from it. So, if it’s OK with y’all...I might “start from the beginning” and document some of the major milestones of the restoration of this boat.
    38E11D46-3D7A-4535-8E7A-004F887EE0E0.jpeg

RMR&C likes this.