Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 ford thunderbird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fire chief, Jun 24, 2012.

1. fire chief

fire chief
    from PA

I have a 1965 ford thunderbird. The passenger side window cracked. So, I replaced it. The new window cracked , also. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

2. something is hitting the glass when its not supposed to

when does it crack?

more info might help

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ask Moderators to delete one of your duplicate posts on this. likely cracking because a '65 and not a '64 ( cut off year ). do a search here for thread: Door Glass Keeps Breaking!!!!

4. 28chevrat

28chevrat

take the door panel off, see how loose that window is in the track ..... more info would be good

5. fire chief

fire chief
    from PA

It seems to crack when the window is about 2 inches down and you close the door.

6. Take the inside door panel off, look in the bottom of the door for broken parts (besides glass) and hardware. Then look for a broken spot weld on one of the door tracks or brackets that hold the tracks.

Also see what kind of shape the fuzzies are that the glass rides in. If they are badly worn, the glass may be able to rock in the channel, slam the door with it partially open and it can break.

Bob