Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1964 Oldsmobile Super 88 Door trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dukesmobile, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Dukesmobile

Dukesmobile

image.jpeg Hi, I am requesting help on how to reinstall the chrome trim pieces on my 1964 super 88. I'm not sure what fasteners they used and where to get them. The trim I'm talking about is that small piece above the door handle that flows with the trim coming from the rear. I'll post a better pic as soon as possible, hopefully by saturday. I hope the one provided is helpful at least a little bit. Right now the only thing left is one of the fasteners (or what is left of it). It seems to be piece of wire held down by a screw with a washer, for a lack of a better term of what it is, is what held it in place, and there were 3 of them, now there is only one left on each door.

2. Try Restoration Specialties, they have loads of trim pieces, mostly NOS. It probably shares trim with the Dynamic 88.