Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 Oldsmobile Starfire

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by electra483, Oct 26, 2014.

1. electra483

electra483

City: Tucson

State: Arizona
    Price: $5300 OBO
    1964 Starfire
    For sale: 1964 Oldsmobile Starfire. Holiday Red w/Black Leather.

Loaded rust free California black plate survivor. For larger pics follow this link (nothing in the back ground is for sale)... Two owner car (last title change was done 23 years ago).http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/members/electra483-albums-1964 starfire.html

I had plans to restore the Starfire but I’m still restoring my 62-88, and not sure when I will get around to this car. It is completely rust free, and nicely optioned: a/c, power steering, power brakes, power windows, wonderbar radio (with foot switch), rear seat speaker, tilt wheel tinted glass, remote mirror, cornering lamps, seat belts, and wire wheel covers. I also have the original protection plan (protect-o-plate).

The car has been sitting since 1996, and will need a few things before being road worthy again (would make an easy winter project). When I bought the car it was completely full of dust from sitting. I cleaned everything inside/out, removed the old carpet (unstitched/saved the floor mats). Sandblasted, professionally refinished the original rims (not rattle can), then put brand new tires on it (wire wheel covers are in the trunk).

I got the car running again, and it runs/drives starts/stops. Motor runs nice, and has full compression (no lifter noise, or smoke). I rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the rubber fuel lines, tuned it up, and changed the fluids. Still needs new belts/hoses before driving any distance.

The body is absolutely solid. No rust or accident damage anywhere. Floors and trunk are perfect (floors still have factory markings). Chrome is very nice. Paint faded, weather stripping is shot.

The interior needs rear seat recovered, new carpet, a package tray, and kick panels (headliner is perfect). Glass is not cracked, or fogged (including the windshield). The deluxe steering wheel is not cracked. You could just add carpet, and leave the rest alone. There is nothing mentioned here which you would find out of line for a 50 year old car.

This car is definitely worth the effort (I just don't have time). Clear CA title. $5300 obo. I can store the car for a while if you need time. Please email/PM and questions.

Car is located in Tucson, Arizona.
    Thank you, Paul.
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. electra483

electra483

SOLD

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015