Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 GMC SWB truck, NEW price

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Dawai, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

City: Tunnel Hill

State: Georgia
    Price: $3500 obo
    2/17/2015, SOLD... Thank you..

Belongs to a local buddy who is building a Harley, needs cash to buy parts, so his truck is up for sale. We are south of Chattanooga Tn about 25 miles, North of Atlanta Ga about 110, 2 miles off I-75 exit 431, Tunnel Hill Varnell Ga.

If you are not real brave? I'd bring a dolly or trailer, it Was running about a year back, brakes still up, small block chevy unknown size (I reached down and rolled the engine over by hand), TH350 shifted good. Needs cleaning real bad, some rust repaired in places (typical Gawgia), I took pictures of all the places that popped out at me, and some of the "included" pet hornets (you can name them yourself) Bottom of the doors are starting to rust out. Cab corners look good on the "outside", bed needs flooring, tailgate he says is at his shop, he was cleaning it up, will have to find it. Glass all looked clear around edges, I didn't see any cracks. Rubber Gaskets looked rotten, cracked up.

PM ME with a phone number, I will call back asap. I am on the computer daily. Can do the middle deal to help him out, or put you in direct touch with him, he has a busy schedule thou. He does not have internet, he has a phone.

(asked about a Georgia title)
    Hi Buddy.
    In Georgia, the registration is the "title" for a old vehicle. You take the tag receipt "signed over to you" to your state's dmv, they replace it with a title.
    Danny Sane, our local tax commissioner explained all this to me, He said there is a reciprocal agreement with all other 49 states and they must accept our registration as a title. I got that in writing somewhere on his letterhead from his office.

I sold 65 Harley FLH to Arizona, he had no problems, I sold a 64 Impala to a Hamb member in California (is that a communist state?) and they had no problem, up north.. same way..

You can call me at home, 706-###-##95 I got a migraine today, just took some stuff for it.
    David Cofer

Attached Files:

• jt10.jpg
      jt10.jpg
      File size:
      280.7 KB
      Views:
    • jt1.jpg
      jt1.jpg
      File size:
      265.3 KB
      Views:
    • jt2.jpg
      jt2.jpg
      File size:
      249.2 KB
      Views:
    • jt3.jpg
      jt3.jpg
      File size:
      219.7 KB
      Views:
    • jt4.jpg
      jt4.jpg
      File size:
      207.8 KB
      Views:
    • jt5.jpg
      jt5.jpg
      File size:
      215.1 KB
      Views:
    • jt6.jpg
      jt6.jpg
      File size:
      237.8 KB
      Views:
    • jt7.jpg
      jt7.jpg
      File size:
      251 KB
      Views:
    • jt8.jpg
      jt8.jpg
      File size:
      221.1 KB
      Views:
    • jt9.jpg
      jt9.jpg
      File size:
      234.1 KB
      Views:
    • jt11.jpg
      jt11.jpg
      File size:
      276.4 KB
      Views:
    • jt12.jpg
      jt12.jpg
      File size:
      202.5 KB
      Views:
    • jt13.jpg
      jt13.jpg
      File size:
      238.9 KB
      Views:
    • jt14.jpg
      jt14.jpg
      File size:
      249.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

(SOLD)

NEW price, Jessie (owner) mother just died, he buried her yesterday. We are thinking right now of shooting some primer-paint and sticking some wheels on this truck, old school style. My paint-garage area is full of my projects right now, so it will be over the next few weeks.. then the price will rise according to time and labor and "love of Hamb vehicles".

If you want a cool old truck to build, this is a great start. They ain't makin no mo.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015