Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 Ford F100 - Now with photos and video!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Ryan, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

City: Austin

State: TEXAS!
    Price: 12,000
    After driving old cars daily for almost a decade now, I’ve decided I need a break. And so, I’m selling my latest daily driver of the past four years – a 1964 Ford F100. I bought this car out of California from another HAMBer in 2013 and since then, I’ve done nothing but a few upgrades and changed the oil. It has never let me down.

But first, here’s the details…
    • 1964 Ford F100
    • 351 Cleveland with the stock 2-barell carb and a gear drive. Runs great. Good oil pressure. Does not get hot.
    • C6 Tranny shifts as it should.
    • Stock Rear. Not sure of the gear, but it runs at 63mph very comfortably all day long and will do 70 without too much stress if you are in a hurry. Get passed that sweet spot and it gets pretty wound out.
    • Brand new disc brakes up front and rebuilt stock drums out back. It stops fantastically.
    • Brand new tires.
    • Lowered by way of mono springs front and rear. It has a nice push truck stance, but it’s still very usable as a truck. I’ve had plenty of weight in the back and have never had an issue with rubbing.
    • Shaved body under wimbleton white exterior. Paint is farm truckish, but fine. I was told it’s only the 2nd paint job on it.
    • Interior is dirty, but really comfortable. I’m not sure what the seat is out of… but it’s great.
    • I redid the dash with vintage S/W gauges, reproduction Sun tach, and a really cool engine turned insert.
    • The gas tank was at some point relocated from the cab to the bed and the original filler was shaved.
    Now, when I sell cars I like to be overly critical so that any perspective buyer knows what they are getting into. As such, here’s a list of EVERYTHING that I know of that is wrong with it…

1. There’s some rust on the lower part of each door that is bubbling. It isn’t bad… and would be an easy fix if you are into that kind of thing.

2. As mentioned, paint is fine for what it is… There are some scratches and what not, but no dents or dings… The body and bed are actually pretty damned nice.

3. The exhaust is cut off right at the back of the cab. This causes the truck to resonate at really low RPM and it’s annoying. I was gonna fix it, but I got used to it…

4. One of the wheel weights fell off the front driver’s side. Since, it has a vibration between 53 and 55 mph or so… I’ve just lived with it.

5. The gear drive wines on start up before oil pressure builds. Afterwards, it’s fine.

6. Vent windows are showing their age, but the truck comes with new seals and fuzzies.

7. The front bumper is weird. I have no idea what it is off of… BUT, the truck comes with a repro stock unit as well as some OG front frame horns so that you can convert it back to a stock bumper.

8. The rear bumper was replaced with some kind of a rolled panned type setup. I actually like this…

9. The engine compartment isn’t detailed AT ALL. It’s dirty.

And that’s really it… It’s a very solid truck that is nice enough that you could make an easy project out of making it really nice. Or, just do as I did and use it as a daily driver that you don’t have to worry about. It’s a perfect shop truck.

Anyway, when I’m looking to buy a car I always ask two questions – what is the best part of the car? What is the worst part of the car?

For this truck, the answers are pretty easy and obvious. The best part of the truck is its absolute reliability (well that and I love the dash). This truck has NEVER left me stranded. It always starts and it always gets me to where I need to go with zero drama. It’s mechanically very solid.

The worst part is the rust developing at the bottom of the doors and the little spot above the driver’s door. It annoys me… but not so much that I’ve ever thought seriously about fixing it.

Anyway, that’s my truck. If you are interested, I’ll take $12,000 for it. And I guess I’ll consider offers, but I’m not interested in trades.

DSC02494.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02486.jpg