Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1964 Falcon B/FX Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Thanks to Roy for spending the afternoon putting a bunch of holes in my brand new wheels! Screw holes to hold the new slicks in place and the air valve hole had to be enlarge for the innertube. The tag says no mounting or painting or you own them... Didn't say anything about holes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bart , I sold the seats and console.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Could you tell me who made your wheels they have the right look. You have one good looking car and you have done a fantastic job building the car

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. The k you Wrench! They are wheel vintiques 15x7 stock ford steel wheels, you can find them at several parts house for about $80 each in primer grey... They also come in chrome.

4. 65COMET

65COMET

Damn kid cut himself on some drilling chips,put a temporary stop in our progress!!!!Mike also bought a Moroso screw kit and drill guide,the guide was cool,the screws were about 1/2" TOO LONG and very cheaply built!!What he didn't mention is that he got some REAL slicks so he doesn't have to try and race on those cheesy retreads!!! ROY.

5. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Thanks for the info

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

killer....love this car!

7. Judd

Judd

Mike
    Are your headlights on a relay? My Comet had a set up like you built when I bought it with the lights ran directly through the switch and it kept burning the switches out.

8. Judd the headlights are all factory wiring and a factory switch. The switches in my center control panel are for my fuel/water pumps and electric fan

9. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;are they controlling relays? ROY.

10. Roy yes everything is relayed for the pumps and fan. Got the slicks painted and mounted, now I just need to find the right size rim screws. I have 3/4" spacers behind the slicks, after measuring I could probably get away with 1/2" maybe a 1/4" and move the wheels in a little more, is there any advantage to the extra 1/4- 1/2"?
    [​IMG]

11. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;the only thing I can think of is looks!You may have to wait until next week for the screws,I would try Wilcox Supply off of Rice and Sturgis or the big supply house[brain dead on name] on the corner of Rice and Sturgis,or you could try B&B in town. The new slicks and wheels look good! ROY.

12. I tried b&b and they didn't have anything so I went to Wilcox on my way to work and got the screws. Now it looks like a racecar, hopefully it runs like one!! Thanks again for all your help Roy!

13. Thefalconkid

Thefalconkid

I dig the stock steel wheels, it's looking really good!

14. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;NO problem,I always forget about Wilcox,they have EVERYTHING!!!!! ROY.

15. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Hey Mike looking good, I really like the factory style wheel in back! Now just wait till you launch with real slicks, heat em, recheck pressure, and come off hard, you'll love it.....Al

16. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

If I can ask, cause I didn't see it, what size slick did you put on those rims.

Looks great.

17. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Car looks GREAT! Nice job.
    Myron_

18. Thank you everyone! Like I said I just hope it runs. Paco, the tires are m&h 26x8.5x15 with tubes. I think I could get at least an inch wider in the stock wheel well if I needed it

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;looks like I will be going up to the MM on Wednesday.Our first TT is at 9AM Thursday!!! ROY.

20. What time are you heading out Wednesday?

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;not sure yet,will let you know! ROY.

22. I was able to work out a deal for something really cool... I will be installing after the march meet... Can you guess what it is??

Attached Files:

23. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Old school mechanical FI? Do I get a prize?

I wish I could post a few pix of my fairlane S/S car but puter is down & I'm working off the wife's I-Pad. Can't upload pix.

Thanks for the info on the tyre size. That & changing out to buckets are my feb. goal.

24. Winner winner chicken dinner!

25. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That'll be kick ass all set up & sticking through the hood. Are you planning to run a hood scoop or out in the air?

26. I am keeping my same hood and the stacks will run up to the air plenum box with about 2 inches of room. I am really excited, now if I can tune it to run!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  27. Thefalconkid

Thefalconkid

That's F'ing AWESOME!

28. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

What rim size did you use on the front? Tire size?

Thanks.

Paco

29. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

30. Thank you guys, there is a big learning curve when it comes to mechanical injection, but all the tuning seems like fun... Right now! Paco I have 15x 4.5 cragars in the front