Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 dodge a100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag54, Apr 19, 2012.

1. did a search no luck, does anyone know what other rear ends are a bolt in change for this van? looking to get a better gear for the highway. i can get gears and install kit for about $300.00 . but looking into maybe swapping whole rear end. possibly thanks ..

2. chopped

chopped

My 64 Townwagon sits on a 88 Ramcharger frame and the width is good. The frame dimensions were the same from the 60's till at least the 80's, a web search would narrow it down. There should be lots of options. Google is your friend. Skip

3. A100

A100

I would think that you could get a 3.23 pumpkin at most mopar swap meets cheap.

4. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Don't the A 100's have the Mopar 8-3/4" rear end already? Very strong and one of the best out there! Center sections are easily interchangeable, with ratios available from 4.56 to 2.76! And the high gear ration sections are cheap!

5. Thanks guys. I'll pass the info along

6. The A100 is a unibody, anyway - no frame to swap out, like there is with the Town Wagons/Sweptline pickups.

X15 on the 8-3/4" pumpkin swaps! I have three 742 cases with 2.76 gearsets in them - no Sure-Grips, unfortunately, but I'll make you a screamin' good deal on one. Shipping might cost a few dollars!!! They already have yolks, so all you'll need are the axle and third-member gaskets, and you are ready to install! Takes an hour, maybe.

7. derbydad276

derbydad276

8 3/4 rear ends used to be a dime a dozen 30 years ago
    but you should be able to find a pumkin at a swap meet pretty easy

8. Thanks guys for all the replys