Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 Chevelle - California

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1NINE64 Chevelle, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 1NINE64 Chevelle

1NINE64 Chevelle

Hello all. Joey here from the Bay Area, Ca. I have been driving and building a 1964 4 door Chevelle Malibu for the past two years. She is all original and in great shape overall. Has the original I6 230 and it runs strong.

I am gathering parts to breath a bit of new life in her. Have stovebolt ceramic headers. Shopping for a 2bbl carb and offy intake. Picked up a new radiator to install when I rip out the intake and exhaust.

Looking for a picture to add of the car now. This is a photo of mine and a buddy's... dubbing this photo "deja vu"

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the wealth of knowledge here.[​IMG]

2. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Welcome!
    I had a 64 Chevelle 2 door with a 230 and 3 speed in the 70's. I added a Hurst indy floor shifter, chrome wheels and in the typical 70's style, jacked the back end up with air shocks. It was a nice car, I wish I still had it, but I still have a part from it ...the chrome valve cover on my Acadian was from my Chevelle...

Attached Files:

3. 1NINE64 Chevelle

1NINE64 Chevelle

Nice. I have the same chrome valve cover.

I am digging this car and the strange that it is being a non-v8 car. It is a talking piece to say the least.

I kicked around the idea of putting a crate in it, but just can't do it as this is all original. Going to hop up the 6 a bit though.

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome!! Nice chevelle!

5. 1nine64, welcome from Kansas City, very nicely done!

6. 1NINE64 Chevelle

1NINE64 Chevelle

Here is a shot with the grommet the day I brought the Chevelle home. They have both grown since then!!!

[​IMG]

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Yes, keep the 6 in it. I get guys all the time telling me I should put a SBC in my Acadian. Not gonna happen. The stock 194 runs great, when (if?) it wears out I will put in a 250 and hop it up a bit.
    I like the pic with the little girl in the car. Here is a pic of my son and my Acadian from about 5 yrs ago. My Acadian has changed a bit...my son has changed a lot.

Attached Files:

8. 1NINE64 Chevelle

1NINE64 Chevelle

I love the Acadian!

Here is the new setup.

[​IMG]

Here is a short video of the car running open headers after installing the weber 32/36 carb, split headers and installed the new radiator.

http://youtu.be/6rmf2lsZYJ4