Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 rambler custom 600

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54rat210, Mar 25, 2013.

1. 54rat210

54rat210

Thinkin bout trading the harley for a 63 rambler.

Any pros and cons to this car?

2. 54rat210

54rat210

Not hamb friendly???

3. 54rat210

54rat210

63 rambler

Attached Files:

4. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Trading a Harley for a four door Rambler......If you're over 50 you just shuddered. :)

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You don't say what bike. A 4dr Rambler is kinda cool, but seems like you could sell the bike, even a Sporty, for WAY more than the Rambler would be, and have a pile of money left over. I'm just say'n...

Brian

6. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

You ask ... Pro's and Con's

Pro's - It's a cute Granny car. Good family car.
    Con's - Way too slow. Bad handling. Not very cool. Not very desirable. Not worth a lot. and .... You'll get tired of it in a New York moment.

If it was me, I would keep the Harley.

IMHO
    Joe

7. 54rat210

54rat210

I'm trading a modified 2006 Harley sportster.

1 the car is cool.
    2 Not concerned about speed ( if I wanna go fast I go with an import like Toyota, Honda or Nissan) my last import was a highly modified Nissan altima that would run low 10's.
    3 I'm sure the handling is a lot better than my 54 210.
    In all honesty I think this was a wasted post. I guess the rambler seems be equivalent to todays modern American cars then based on what motorhead opinion is.

8. 54rat210

54rat210

2006 Sportster is only worth about 5 grand. The rambler is $4800. Was thinkin an even trade

9. hyatt

hyatt

If rambler is nice good trade for a sportster Any nice old car is better than a sportster and if you get to missing it they are everywhere for sale

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I love Ramblers but I'm 37.They don't seem to be liked very much.I would trade if I was you Or maybe trade for an import JK Ramblers are awesome .

11. 54rat210

54rat210

I'm 35 an I think its cool!

12. 54rat210

54rat210

I guess to the old school hot rod guys ramblers ain't cool!

13. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

So maybe a Sportster is a decent trade after all. I have owned both a Rambler and a Sportster in the past. The Rambler may be a bit more fun and at least it's something people will talk about.

I stand corrected .....

Joe

14. 54rat210

54rat210

15. Rambler looks solid. I'd say fair trade...and as somebody pointed out, there will never be a shortage of Sportsters.

16. Lild

Lild

Who cares what everybody else thinks. Its your bike to trade and if the Rambler is what you want, do it. I know my 4 door Valiant isnt cool by most peoples standards but i like it. I can take the whole family with to a show or cruise with ease and it gets damn good gas mileage.

17. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Bikes freak me out, I've never met a guy who rides a bike who hasn't wrecked or been wrecked on one..
    I like motorcycles but I'd never wanna own one.

18. aaggie

aaggie

As luck would have it I planned to stop at the Harley dealer this morning to look at a new Sportster. I have also owned several Ramblers in the past. On a rainy day in traffic I would prefer the Rambler, on an early morning drive through the woods in East Texas I would prefer the bike. It's your decision but an even trade is probably OK.

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

About anything is better than a sportster. I say do it.

20. Is it just me?,,a Harley for a Rambler? and a Rambler that the owner want's $4,800 bucks:eek: are you kidding me?

The Rambler is way over priced in my opinion.

I friend of mine bought a 64 a couple of years ago that was absolutely mint and only gave $1,200.00.

Keep looking. HRP

21. Offer up the 'ol lady if you have one.. post pix of the 'ol lady and let us decide for you. That way you get to keep the bike.. summer is a comin'....

Bob

22. 2935ford

2935ford

Our high school driving program used Rambler's. I remember driving them and it seemed like a nice solid car. We would go out 4 students + the instructor and putt around the town switching drivers off about every 20 mins or so. They ae a very under rated car which probably put them out of business.

You don't see any now up my way.

I agree though that it might be a bit overpriced.

23. 73super

73super

AAAAKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! :eek:

24. They are nice cars. I don't know if these still had those funky trunnion front ends or not, but something the buyer should look into.

The price may not be that bad.. everything is negotiable. If there is no rust and the interior is not full of mouse shit, it may prove to be a bargain.

Bob

25. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

I say this as a Rambler owner,....the car is overpriced.

If you trade, get about $1500 bucks cash from the Rambler owner.

26. Well, you did ask ... a Rambler Marlin I would think about but the plain jane one you are looking to trade for , nope. But I can see your point wanting to get rid of the chicks bike. Hardee har har...( I own a`59 Vespa...Toad would be proud !)

27. mopar210

mopar210

i beg to differ with the old school hot rodder statement . i think that rambler is really cool . the only reason we are doing a rambler , well a couple of reasons - i cant wait for some smart ass to comment about the fact we did a rambler - put up or shut up - next , all the so called experts and tradional guys who may also comment on the rambler thing - ahhh shut up ! dare to be different - get the rambler !

Attached Files:

28. Love the old ramblers.

1shot

29. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Just jumping on the dogpile...

I like the looks of those Ramblers, but $4,800 for a 4 door Rambler is way too high.

30. acmechris

acmechris

Four door? Rambler? Is this a trick question?