Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1963 Pontiac Tempest 421 SD - Superior Pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Witzke, Jan 7, 2016.

1. John Witzke

John Witzke
    from Iowa

397911.jpg
    I am searching for information and photos of the 1963 Lemans 421 SD Superior Pontiac coupe. I have only been able to locate one color photo that I have attached. Unfortunately not all the lettering on the rear quarter panel is legible. It appears that on the front fender is 410 H.P and on the front lower rear quarter is 421 cu.in. This is the only 1963 Super Duty Lemans that is unaccounted for.

I am in the process of building 1/25 scale models of all six 1963 421 Super Duty Lemans coupes. Additionally, I am building Mickey Thompsons Yorktown Blue 1963 Tempest #755 A/FX prototype and Arlen Vanke's Anderson Pontiac "Running Bear" 1963 Tempest coupe. Vanke's car was not a factory built Super Duty car but had factory support. I have information and decals for 5 of the 6 Lemans coupes, also Thompson's prototype and Vanke's Tempest.

Any help with locating information and photos for the Superior Pontiac car is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Hot rod ran a version of one of these Tempests back in the day. Only reason I know was that I found it at a flea market and bought it for a friend who had a Tempest at the time. (his was not a "super" Tempest.

Wish I could remember the month/ ear but it was sometime around when the car was sorta new.

Pete

3. Greg Ferguson

Greg Ferguson

i have a pontiac ohv6 with transmision for a
    sale. You know any buyers?
    im in northern california
    530-501-3779
    Greg