Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 Hot Rod Magazine LP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Ok I tried to post this before but it didn't work. I found this at recoed store and it screamed my name! I bout it just for the cover. I have not listened to it yet.....but will post an mp3 or 2 if the songs are good. So dig on the cars on this record. I didn't know Hot Rod magazine got into the music biz!

Mike

[​IMG]

and a larger scan of the rods!

[​IMG]

2. I've got a couple old issues of hot rod somewhere that has advertisements for that LP [​IMG]

3. scarylarry

scarylarry

I gots that one. Makes a good backdrop for a showcase shelf of hot rod stuff.

4. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Scarrylarry..........are the songs any good?

Mike

5. BELLM

BELLM

Hey! I got that album!! I bought it new in 60s. Lots of good car sounds, funky ass songs if I remember right. Fit right in with Beach Boys stuff. Mine is worn out scratched from being played so much in my early teenage years. Anybody ever seen a car record player? Good score Mr Buick59. [​IMG]

6. Spooky

Spooky

The Rodder's Journal did an article on Hot Rod LPs not lang ago. What I leanred was that the majority of the songs were done at the studios by session artists. Not ever a "REAL" band.
    Cool tunes though.
    The "Chrome, Smoke And Fire" LP put together by Robert Williams features songs off some of these records.
    THAT is the record I am looking for.
    Good score! [​IMG]

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

Mike, I just bought it for the cover too. Never played it. Larry

8. I have that album also...Capitol put out a bunch of col LPS like that in the 60's another good one is Big Sounds of the Drags recorded at the Winter Nats in Pomona,Ca circa 1964 pretty cool shit.

9. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I also have a Lions Dragstrip LP. With no music on it. Its all cars running down the drags and the announcer hollering the times. I'll try and post a pic of it.

Mike

10. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

here are a few more to look at. This one the cover sucks and is in rough shape. But the music aint too bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

The cover photo was used (part of it anyway) in the article about the Roadster Roundup at Pismo. The LA guys came north, the Bay Area guys came south for an event. Oct '63 HRM. Third copy I ever bought, still have most of it memorized......

12. Sailor

Sailor

The Super Stocks was Gary Ushers band and was very good indeed in my book. Good find.

13. krupanut

krupanut

Good score, I agree about the Super Stocks Salior, I dig all that stuff.

I see Dick Flints roadster in there.

14. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Del Fi put out a few that are now available on CD.

Dragbeat
    Hotrodderschoice
    Hollywooddrag

All have that 60's hot rod and surf sound.

15. [ QUOTE ]
    I have that album also...Capitol put out a bunch of col LPS like that in the 60's another good one is Big Sounds of the Drags recorded at the Winter Nats in Pomona,Ca circa 1964 pretty cool shit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"WOOO HOOO"...! I've got the "Big Sounds of the Drags"...! All I need now is a thing called a "stylus" for another thing called a "Record player"...! [​IMG]

16. Sailor

Sailor

I have The Big Sounds of the Drags too. Used to have it on my answeringmachine, but forgot that phonespeakers tend to have little or no bass, -so when I finally called myself after some months, I found it kinda sounded like a moped taking off.