Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1963 Ford Fairlane power windows (front)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mustsed, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Mustsed

Mustsed

Hi everybody,

I am in the endless process of updating a '63 Fairlane 4 door for daily use. A few years ago I installed a power window setup to the driver door window just to have it last 3 month. It was one of these remote motor cable driven junks. I re-installed the stock window crank back and leave it that way till a week ago. I came across a totalled 2008 Ford Transit V184 and looked closely to the power window scissor which looked very close to the stock fairlane unit. Bought one (the right side) and installed it on the drivers (left ) door. The installation and modification of the Transit power scissor is straight forward and very minor welding and cutting needed. Wiring is same as any other two wire PW system.

Just wanted to share this with the Fairlane crowd who never finds parts as other fords!

Below is a video tutorial of the mod and install.

Mustsed

Video;

2. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

3. welder4956

welder4956

Got a Ford part number for the power window assemblies? I can't find a listing for parts for a 2008 Transit here in the U.S.

Edit: I should have paid more attention to the video. The catalog numbers were shown at the beginning. I cannot find any USA part numbers that match. But the 1993-2011 Ford Ranger regulators look a lot like the ones that you used.

Attached Files:

• $_35.JPG
      $_35.JPG
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Mustsed
    I'd sure like to have more info on your conversion, if possible?
    I'd like to try something similar on a 55-56 Ford passenger car.
    Thanks
    Jim