Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1963 Falcon Gasser Restoration Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B/GasFalcon, Nov 17, 2012.

1. B/GasFalcon

B/GasFalcon

We have finally started for real on my 1963 Falcon Gasser restoration project. The car was originally owned by Dana Hefman of Fredericksburg VA. The original rollbar and straight front axle were done by City Welding in Fredericksburg. The car was originally powered by a 390 Ford FE (topped with an Edelbrock cross ram style manifold) and a 4 speed, built by Tommy Jacobs of Stafford, VA. The car was turned into a race car in 1965 (according to Tommy). It has been parked for about 30 years, and has gotten pretty rough. Keven Hedrick, proprietor of the Auto Muffler King in Newport News VA has taken on the challenge of doing all of the metal repair and suspension/roll cage installation. I want to keep the original/period appearance of the car inside and out, but I also want to be able to race it in some of the nostalgia events. The front end is being upgraded to a Speedway Motors tube front axle (4" drop) with Mustang II front brakes, and the roll cage is a S&W Race Cars 8 point kit. But first, the rust has to be fixed (trunk floors, front floor pans and cowl area). Keven's already got the trunk floors done. No one makes trunk floors for a 60-63 Falcon, so he made the side floors, and repaired the front panel cut out of my parts car.

Attached Files:

2. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Great find, Looking forward to seeing this build!

3. derbydad276

derbydad276

subscribed ... you had me at built in 65

4. I see this car at Kevens all the time. Great looking ride and I'm glad it's in the right hands.

-subscribed

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Are you sure that the Speedway front axle is going to be stout enough for drag strip use?
    Just ask the guys that have cars that wheelie what they have for a front axle and spindles.

7. I sure hope the axles are strong,,I know a couple of guys that have used them on their builds. HRP

8. 60 ford

60 ford

Cool ride. subscribed

9. Davyj

Davyj

Glad to see another Falcon being saved! These have always had a soft spot for me, Keep us all posted.

10. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

11. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Excited to see this project.

12. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

The speedway axle is thicker wall than about anything folks scrounged up back in the day (short of an I-beam). As long as the frame is built you won't hurt nothing (yes, mine has been in the air).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  13. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage
    from Caintuckee

Seeing how I too am building a straight axled 63 Falcon, and I am also planning on stuffing a FE block into it, I look forward to watching this build... and I would love to see a few pictures of under your hood.. such as engine mounts, ect... I'd assume it has a rear sump oil pan on it ??

14. stickerdick

stickerdick

anything happening with this build?

15. He's got a bunch of projects underway.....check B/Gas's albums out.

Serious Ford guy....