Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1963 Dodge Dart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nashvegas99, Apr 15, 2014.

1. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Ok, so...ive been off for a while waiting to get another project and now I have the chance to get a 1963 Dodge Dart 225 slant 6. Just curious to know that I can post some pics and info on here and be OT. thnx stoney

2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

IMO, there's lots of threads here on Falcons, so a 63 Dart should fit right in.

I think the funny lil things are grossly underrated.

3. heck yeah..cool looking cars!

4. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

That is the car I took my driver's test on. I had to change the coil that morning to make it to the test!

5. I'm working on one now 64' G/T. Still in the parts gathering stage, will be running a 383 chrysler and new process 4 spd. with an 8 3/4 rear. If I ever finnish my 354 hemi it will replace the 383. DO IT NASH :)

Attached Files:

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a sweet little 64,slaint 6 and 3 on the tree that I bought at an estate sale for 80 bucks about 20 years ago.
    It had set in a little garage/shed for sevral years and the engine had stuck but it didnt take much to get it freed up and purring like a kitten again. v.jpg

7. If you ever want to make your kitten roar just say so. Slant six is a fun engine. I have to always run 8 cylinder cars with my little blue /6 rail. Often of similar weight too and more often then not Big blocks Ie 396 Chevys (Nostalgia FED) and more recently 460 Ford(probuilt CM 32 Bantam). On the occasion when I do smoke them which happens more often then they would like some of them almost go beserk.
    Makes the whole deal worthwhile :>)
    I did a street car for my wife years ago, a Valiant Baraccuda of similar vintage to your car. It was a very successful project and we drove it and raced it for years. I used a 198 engine for it as we bought the car with no engine in it. A 225 though is a good motor too. They love being turboed BTW.
    don

8. I still have the s6 and the plan for that is a T bucket with a 4spd and the 7 1/4 rear I took out of the dart. My way of recycleing lol

9. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Leanin Tower of Power. They started in '60 and used till '87. Mopar or No Car!!!

10. daddylama

daddylama

i had a '63 and a '66 GT. that 225 can be made to seriously scoot and still return some respectable mileage. sound damn cool, too.
    i'd love to have one as a street/strip car with some forced induction.

11. Tim Keith

Tim Keith

Early Darts are fundamentally good cars. With a 111-inch wheelbase the Darts are a little longer than other compacts, including the Valiant which was 106-inch. The 270 or GT trim is attractive. The power of the slant six was better matched to the early A bodies than in the 1970s. The 225 makes more power and economy when the CR is raised a bit, in practice most stock 225s have about 7:1 CR. With some moderate head work the motor feels almost like a 273. The 904 Torqueflite is especially good in the early 225. The early A body with manual transmission can get about 30 MPG when geared for that goal. I've never owned a vehicle that was easier to service than a older Dart.