Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 Chevrolet C10 Longbed

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by SanDiegoJoe, Jun 20, 2016.

1. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

City: San Diego

State: California
    Price: $11,000
    350 V8 from a 1970 Chevelle
    PHOTOGRAPHS:
    https://goo.gl/photos/LXs9mRmKGrJaoCx3A
    poutous@gmail.com for replys please.
    TH350 freshly re-built automatic transmission. Stock 3 speed shifter adapted to work nicely with the auto trans
    Rear end upgraded with fresh 3.08 gears
    Complete new exhaust system, tucked into the space between the bed sides and the frame. Nice note, not loud. New ram-horn manifolds back.
    Classic Perform brake booster
    Drum brakes redone about 7,000 miles ago
    Freshly powdercoated stock wheels
    New re-pop stock hubcaps from Truck and Car Shop
    New windshield
    New door rubbers, felts and gaskets
    New wheelbearings and other suspension components as needed
    Almost new pinner whitewall tires. The crunchy spare was replaced with a fresh used tire
    Lowered using Classic Perform springs and new shocks. 3" in the front, 4" heavy duty in the rear
    Big in-bed locking toolbox
    The engine has been gone through, repairing oil leaks, rebuilt carb, fresh manifolds, gaskets etc as needed to make it reliable
    Fresh interior done at Champions in Tijuana. Carpet, seat paint

All new weather stripping and seals
    New windshield
    Interior pinstriped by Rudy Alvarado
    New glove box liner
    3 seatbelts, the outer 2 are retractable. Aircraft buckles
    Hidden music system: Sony amp under the seat, 8" sub behind the seat, 6" mids under the dash and 2 - 3" speakers above the dash in the stock hole
    Synthetic oil.
    New battery.
    New alternator.

When I bought this pickup, it was a non-running, California raised, farm truck. in the space of about 4 months, I spent over $14,000 making it what it is today (including purchase price). I loved the way that the outside looked, the only real changes to the exterior are the red striped on the sides and the stock style round mirrors (removed the Dumbos). The paint was colorsanded, claybarred and a thick coat of wax was applied. There are scratches, dents and all the honesty that it has earned over the years.

It has proven to be very reliable and safe.

The pickup is rust free. The wood is the bed is weathered but sound.

The bed is rigged up to haul motorcycles. Additional tiedown locations have been welded in. With the heavy-duty rear springs, you barely can tell that there is a bike in the bed, even one as heavy as my CB750.

A trip to Tijuana, Mexico to get the interior done was taken. At Champions, they did a great job painting, carpeting and re-upholstering everything in brick red and Wimbledon white. The gauges were re-painted and cleaned. All new lights were put into the cluster.

This pickup is super reliable and drives so nicely down the road. Last year, right after the work was finished, I drove it on a 9 day road trip, some days driving for 10 hours. No issues, it sailed right along.

I drive it all the time... but even when it's sat for 2 weeks it starts right up.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016