Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1963 Biscayne 2 Door - Impala Interior Conversion Inquiry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomRocket88, May 3, 2016.

1. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I'm looking for some help or pointers for anyone who's seen this done, or perhaps done the conversion themselves. I have a '63 Impala 2 door hard top interior I'm trying to put into a 2 door Biscayne, just because it's what I want to do (back seat speaker covers are awesome). I'm noticing the bottom of the back seat bars that are supposed to hook into the floor, are a good 4" away each side from the floor hooks (there's no good place for them to hook into). I've seen photos of an Impala interior in a Biscayne online, but what did you do to properly mount the rear seat bottom and back? They should technically fit, there's definitely enough room for the interior quarter panels (they're narrower than the sedan seats). Before I get into drilling and installing hooks in my floors, I just want to see what's been done. Anyone who can offer some help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. models916

models916

Front seat should just bolt in. Back seat for the Impala is narrower than the sedans but has filler panels on top and ash tray holders on bottom. Front door panels are the same size but with different holes for the door of the hard top. Vent panels are the same.