Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1962 pontiac tempest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dogwalkin, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Here are some Tempest pics. First one is of a 62 convertible with the 4 barrel carb and a chrome valve cover that a friend has and the others are Arnie Breswick cars. I beleive the wagon is one of his old cars. Not sure about the coupe. 62 Pontiac Tempest Conv (6).JPG Eddyville (14).jpg Eddyville Nostalgia Super Stocks 2017 (18).JPG

loudbang likes this.
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Remember the Thompson car that showed up on the interweb for sale with no knowledge of it's history by the seller ?

loudbang likes this.
  3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

These cars are cool! They look like street brawlers when done right...like that last picture.

loudbang likes this.
  4. The wagon is a tube frame tribute car.
    Come to think about it, that's probably the easiest way to get everything installed where it belongs.

loudbang likes this.
  5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1323.JPG IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1327.JPG Here's a nice 63 421.

mcsfabrication and loudbang like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

7. wsdad

wsdad

I had a '62 Lemans convertible 4 cyl automatic. Always liked the looks of the '62's the most. I had an aluminum 215 V8 that I was going to swap into it but it got stolen.

I liked that no one else had one at car shows. It was several years before I saw another. The guy had taken the unusual transaxle out of his and hot rodded it with a conventional rear end and a big block chevy.

It was fun to show people the unusual, "engine in the front, transmission in the rear and a flexible drive shaft."

It was hard to find parts for so it sat in the driveway a lot. Lots of parts for '64's and up cause of GTO's. Had to make adapters for the shocks, etc. It was the car that convinced me to build a T bucket instead because if something became no longer available, I could simply use something else that wasn't already worn out because it was 50 years old.

Enough of these were made that you can probably find parts if you look long and hard enough. When I had mine, the internet was just a few years old and only geeks used it, not old guys with tempest parts to sell.

Hope you enjoy it!

This isn't mine but it's what mine looked like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

One each of the factory racers at the 1963 Nationals

1963 nationals.JPG

RRanchero Rick likes this.
  9. dogwalkin

dogwalkin
    from tn

I did get it home a couple of weeks back. Working on getting the brakes up. Gonna post some pics soon.!!!!

Sent from my VS990 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.