Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 oakland roadster show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Jul 11, 2012.

1. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Hi,

Does anyone have info such as programs, participant lists or photos from the 1962 Oakland Roadster Show?

Thanks,
    BDL

2. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

3. R&C RON

R&C RON

I have the program , are you looking for something specific?
    [​IMG]

4. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Hi,

Yes, I am looking for info related to my dad's entry that won the creative builder award. His car was an orange 1932 Ford coupe. The front grill was filled and had the Mr Horsepower logo with the name Harrison on top and the name Corica below.

I have the entry number and trophy, but they are two flights up and it's late.

Thanks in advance!
    BDL

5. R&C RON

R&C RON

Your Dads car was entered the Rod Competition Class , entry #R222. It sounds like it was an awesome car, I'll see if I can find any photos.

[​IMG]

6. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

R&C,

Thank you so much for this information. I have only one picture but it confirms the entry number.

In the color photo I've seen the car was orange, but the photo belongs to the guy who built the car with my dad. Unfortunately, he and I don't speak and I'll probably never get a copy. I still have the trophy, but it is in rough shape and incomplete.

I also have a wooden toy '32 in orange my dad made for me as a kid; it was fashioned after this car.

Perhaps a coincidence, but entry #R221, a 1939 Chevrolet, was a car my dad always looked for and eventually bought when I was a teen. He painted that one orange, too.

Thanks again so much for helping me!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  7. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Does anyone have photos of the trophies? I am trying to restore the one my dad won in 1962 and I need photos to figure out what is missing.

Thanks!
    BDL

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I know this is and old thread and a long shot but Tom Morgan's A Coupe was at the Oakland Roadster Show in '62 or "63 maybe both. Himsl paint and a Nailhead with 6 twos. Does anyone have a picture. It also ran at areas drag strips, Lodi, Fremont, Half Moon Bay...