Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Ford Fairlane master cylinder upgrade

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott De Shields, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

Working on my son's first car project that he did 15 years ago. Put Granada disc brakes on front with after market dual booster and cheap master cylinder with plastic tank. Brakes never worked right from the beginning but finally sorted out the technical problems with the exception of a now leaking master cylinder tank. I am looking for an all metal disc/drum master cylinder to replace the bad one. As you can see there are clearance problems because coil spring tower. My son was young an single when he took the project on but now is married with a toddler so this is falling on old dad to work out the bugs on this car. Any helpful comments would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Those tanks just push into the master cylinder with two rubber grommets holding and sealing them. If the master works and it is just the tank leaking, I would pop it off and hit a U-pull-it looking for one with the same hole size and spacing. You might even get lucky and find one at a parts store in the Help section. If you need the grommets, they can also be had from most parts houses.

3. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

4. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Use a booster setup off an early 90's Ranger