Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1962 Ford Econoline Leaf Spring Bushing Diameter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62Econo, May 11, 2018.

1. 62Econo

62Econo

Ordering a set of Caltracs for my '62 Econoline. Tried to measure the rear leaf spring bushing diameter (front bushing) without removing the leaf...I know I'm a lazy bastard, but I need to get this set ordered today and I just don't have the time to drop the leaf today. Anyways I get a rough measurement of about 1.6"-1.7" using tape measure. I would assume these are 1.75" diameter bushings, but there is zero info on the internet for this truck. This is a hail mary that someone has a similar van/truck and knows the correct diameter for these leaf bushings.

In case you're wondering why I want/need Caltracs on a '62 Econoline, well I have a built 305 in it and I'm on monoleafs. Axle wrap is an understatement. Calvert Racing is willing to build a set for me, but I need this last dimension.

2. BJR

BJR

Why not ask the people you got the mono leafs from?

3. 62Econo

62Econo

Good question, but when I say monoleaf I mean this is the main leaf from the original leaf pack. It's a weird setup, but this van is on airbags. The leaf really just keeps the axle in alignment, but doesn't provide any spring support. So, I'm just looking for the diameter of the OEM rear, forward bushing. If nobody knows it's fine, I'll have to drop the leaf tonight. Just thought I might get lucky.

I don't really want to open a can of worms discussion on Caltracs+airbags, but let's just say I've done the research and even replicated the geometry in CAD. It's actually a perfect solution for me, better than 4-link even since a panhard bar will shift my rear end when I'm aired up or bagged down.

4. 62Econo

62Econo

BTW the bushings ended up being 2" diameter if anyone else with an Econoline is looking. They are also pressed into the leaf. Need to figure out how to press them out without removing the entire leaf.