Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 f100 body mount question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Apr 13, 2010.

1. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

a good friend of mine is buying a '62 f100 this saturday, the guy he is buying it from says the body mounts are bad. Does anyone know of a place that repops these or maybe a thread on making your own. I searched but couldn't find anything.
    thanks everyone
    bob

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Its probably those rear (I think) cab mounts. Not the end of the world, hop under there and you can probably just make them. Mine were bad but it was a unibody so I figured all those good mounts working together would make up for the rusted out slacker mounts.

3. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

thanks chris, I was thinking we could probably make them but I haven't seen the truck yet to decide

4. I'm not sure where, but I've seen someone re-popping them. Maybe Carolina Classics??? These guys can help with this and many more questions: http://www.fordtruk.com/forums/

5. Yes, Carolina Classics is making them now. It's probably the front cab mounts......those ol trucks are all like that. The problem is that all the metal around the mounts is usually rotten too. I made new mounts for my '62.....turned out to be a huge job...:eek:

6. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

anyone have some pics of what we might be dealing with, an underside shot of someone's truck would be great. I have searched and searched the web but can't seem to find a stupid pic of a cab mount!