Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1962 Chevy panel with a vista cruiser top

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by MedicCustoms, May 21, 2016.

1. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I have a 62 panel I got a while back. I thought you guys might like it or not. Just a cool panel I'm going to make a shop truck out of it. What do you guys think. Be kind don't hate lol

Attached Files:

2. 55Brodie

55Brodie

I'm diggin' it all, except the Chevelle/Camaro hood scoop thingys.

3. BJR

BJR

Like the top, don't like the 2 windows in the rear on the side.

Hnstray and Steve Ray like this.
  4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

You could fix most of it in a weekend.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

When I saw the title I was just sure it was from Oregon as there was a member of a truck club I belonged to in the early 90's that had that same roof grafted on his Suburban ? (60-66). It had some other kooky stuff done to it so I had/have mixed emotions about it.
    You definitely are not the first because I do recall seeing more than one other one done like yours.
    Yeh, those two back windows just don't look right to me either, reminiscent of the whole van deal from the 70's/80's.

6. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Your right about the hood scoops I'm not a big fan of them . The bad thing is the hood is perfect just got about 12 holes in it for the scoops.

7. definitely has potential, but too many things going on... needs to be... un-muddled. I look forward to seeing it after a build style/plan gets applied to it.

Steve Ray likes this.
  8. Moondog13

Moondog13

Love it! If you end up wanting to remove and sell those bubble windows let me know!

9. indyjps

indyjps

I don't care for the bubbles windows. Think it needs side windows, kinda odd with all top view and no side view. Just my thoughts.
    Body looks straight, good stance.

10. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

If you think it's bad now here's a picture of it when I got it. I just didn't like the whole70's thing.

Attached Files:

11. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Needs a couple 'Mushroom Bubble Windows'! It doesn't matter if we like it, do you like it? Okay, that's all that matters!

banjeaux bob likes this.
  12. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I dig it. It's going to make a cool shop truck. I'm going to put some pin stripes on it and some door art.

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Roof is cool. Van windows, square headlights and tube grille covering the headlights not so much. Original builder must have wanted a Van in the 70's, but somehow fell into a deal on the Panel.

Hnstray likes this.
  14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would move the top to the body line that runs across the top and put a rack on the extra space at the rear.

15. Is it the photo or is the rear axle too far forward? HRP

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

To be honest, I don't care for the Vista top on your panel truck because it reminds me of a humpback, a deformity. Just sayin':)

chevy57dude likes this.
  17. mcyunger

mcyunger

the roof is cool. it kinda matches the other '70s styling. if you get tired of it you can fix it.

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Top is fine, Grill works for me as well, Several very traditional customs had headlights behind the grill (maybe not square ones). I would loose the side windows and fake air vents. Looks like a very solid driver, and the panel painted pics clear up where the van ques came from.

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Looking to do a paint scheme like this. A cool vanilla and hugger orange

Attached Files:

chevy57dude likes this.
  20. indyjps

indyjps

Wow, that thing was funky. I wouldve driven it a while as is.

Does it have seats in the back?

low budget, Moondog13 and jack_pine like this.
  21. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I would have totally rocked that 70s paint scheme. Pimpin aint easy!

I think I like the roof. It does need a paneled paint job whem you get around to it. Until then... Drive the crap out of it!

jack_pine likes this.
  22. Dude that thing is sick!! I'm not a fan of the bubble windows but I dig the hell out of that top!! I would patch the bubble windows and put the stock grille back in it and slam it on Astros. The panel paint would look really cool on it as well.

23. I like the original one. I would have just painted the tan parts something with heavy flake..........Possum!

24. 'Mo

'Mo

Simply de-badging the cowl would do wonders, by allowing the eye to better travel front to back uninterrupted.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  25. wvenfield

wvenfield

I grew up in the 70's. I love the earlier 70's incarnation. (outside of the possum)

brad2v likes this.
  26. The ''as found'' version has it's moments! As a youth, I had a '66 with shag carpet and bean bag chairs in the back.
    Can't say I'd want to drive around with anything misspelled on my truck, either. Dig the grille!

27. mag wheels, four in the floor and a peace sing and you can wake in some time about 1972 but really it has a cool factor.

28. belair

belair

Cool truck. I would loose the windows.

29. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Groovy, dude. Your rendition is perfect. Astros with pinners, bellflowers, spots and a flaked panel job. Can't get much bitchin'er than that. Vista top would probably work with that too.

30. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Original paint scheme fit pretty good, just not my choice of colors. Not crazy about the tube grill covering the lights either. The Mercury version in your drawing looks better. This truck needs 5 spoke wheels, or a set of polished 5 hole slot mags.....

low budget likes this.