Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Cadillac power seat bypass to adjust manually???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garagedoreen, Mar 26, 2011.

1. garagedoreen

garagedoreen
    from LA,CA

Okay. I got a 62 cadillac with powerseats. It is pretty much stuck in the upward high position. My head is pretty much touching the roof. Anyways. I dont care about the power seats at this point. I just need to lower it so I can drive the car. When I hit the power seat I can hear the relay click but no movement. Im not sure if the motor is bad or weak or the cables are bad. It doesnt move in any direction so Im guessing the motor is week or bad. Is there anyway I can adjust the seats manually?

Thanks

2. jfrolka

jfrolka

If you take the seat out you can try and clean up the cables and take them off to see if they are spinning or not... there's a guy on clist parting out a 64 cad in camarillo, ca and it shares same parts... might be of great value to you. Also Coopers in the sfv has a lot of og parts, coopersvintage.com ... if u need work done I have a shop out in ventura... just drop a pm

3. evilone0528

evilone0528

I know this post is over a year old but this info might help someone out in the future.I had the same problem.I took the seat out and turned it upside down.There are 3 cables that operate the controls.I un hooked them,stuck a square drive bit in my drill and run the seat all the way back and as low as it would go.Then I re installed the seat.Easy as pie.Hope it helps someone.

EVIL

4. Sprout

Sprout