Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1961 Mercury Monterey 4 dr Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Poor Boys Garage, May 23, 2014.

1. Poor Boys Garage

Poor Boys Garage
    from Kansas

hello, looking for a little help here on early windshield compatibility. I'm needing to know which windshield will fit my car, is the 1961 Galaxie Windshield the same as a 61 Monterey? If anyone knows of any places that sells a replacement windshield for a 1961 Mercury Monterey 4 door Sedan please let me know, the help would be much appreciated.

2. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

Pretty sure 61-62 Galaxie and Monterey were the same. 2 dr and 4 dr are the same

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. The '61 Galaxie should be the same as the Monterey Windshield. I also think the '60 Galaxie and Monterey windshields will be the same as well. I just bought a new windshield from Mac's Antique Auto Parts for my 1962 Merc Monterey. '60, '61, and '62 Convertibles are all the same. But 2 door and 4 door '62 Monterey's share the same windshield as the '63 and '64 Galaxies, different from the '61's. Galaxies are popular, so hopefully you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. If all else fails, try the Galaxie club of America.

http://www.galaxieclub.com/

Last edited: May 23, 2014