Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 F100 vs Volvo XC90

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Delmo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

My wife and I were in a wreck with a XC90 Friday and here are the results. Although it wasn't our fault as the Volvo turned into us on a green light, those things are tough as nails and the ol truck didn't fair to well. The wife is fine (she was driving me to work) and I have a broken pelvis and put a huge dent in the dash with my hip. I wish I had taken a photo of the Volvo, we hit it's passenger side door and it's barley damaged. Seriously thinking about going to look at those things on Monday.

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yikes man!! Your wife seems fine, hope you feel better and that volvo pays you off for you truck!!! :(

3. blt2go

blt2go

man that sucks. hope you heal quick, and get that great looking truck back on the road. i do collision work and have found some surprises in the newer cars but nothing that tough.

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Did you have a seat belt on (since you hit the dash?). Good to see you did not go through the windshield. something to be said about the modern crash test ability of todays cars.. Sorry to see the truck in such bad shape

5. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

I added seat and shoulder belts in my '63 chevy truck, and just tell myself it is safer than a motorcycle...........

Brake upgrade tops the list for this spring.

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Adding belts and better brakes is on the checklist for my 64 F100 as well.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

7. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Ouch.. broken hips don't come easy in young folk. Take care of yourself and I hope you get a nice settlement from the insurance company

8. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That sucks. Try to get pictures of the other car. If it ends up in court they may come in handy.

9. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

Wow! Sorry to hear. Hopefully it'll work out to your favor in court! Don't forget to save that pass. fender as a wall hanging!

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Man , poor truck :eek: !!! Hope your pelvis heals up OK ... certainly doesn't sound like fun :( .

11. Nice job! The old truck looks sad. Pelvis soulds painfull, heal fast you got work to do.

12. nutajunka

nutajunka

I would have figured your truck would have plowed that volvo right out of the way. Wish you a speedy recovery and your truck.

13. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Thanks everyone, ya you would think the ol truck would have done better than it did hey. I guess it's a testament to the new cars these days. Well Volvo anyway.