Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1961 Dodge Dart

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 61dart, Oct 8, 2020.

1. 61dart

61dart

Squablow, yes I am aware it is a drum around the drive shaft, that's why I am curious as to why the cable is frozen solid. I will try the spraying the oil basically every where haha. Also 283john thanks for the tip, I drove it last night to my town council meeting and after I was sitting in the parking lot and hit the dimmer switch about 5 times and finally a 6th the headlights came to life!

2. You might want to look into replacing the dimmer switch as they were known to attract corrosion due to their location. All makes were affected by this due to; getting in with wet muddy feet, floor board rust, cowl leaks dripping rain down on them. At any rate depending how bad the internal corrosion is it is bound to quit working again at some point. The E brake is most likely rusted also and may need replacing. At any rate an operating E brake is a necessity if your brakes ever fail.