Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 Caravelle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edljames, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Trying to help an elderly lady get this French #@$% running after 15 years in a garage. Has a front brake dragging. Can someone tell me how this drum (see pic) is held together and what I will find in the way of brake shoes?
    Thanks
    Ed

Attached Files:

2. Is Caravelle the make or is that a model name, wondering if that is a Citroen model as the 3 lug wheels remind me of Citroen. It's old enough to be HAMB friendly so just buy the thing from the little old lady and hotrod it.

3. A Caravelle is a Renault. And I can't help you on the drum question, sorry! From the looks of it, the dust cap should pop off like an American car does, then you'd have a retaining nut and a key or pin.

Are you sure you have a '61 Caravelle? The fronts on a '61 are disc brakes.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  4. rodknocker

rodknocker

5. The lady says a 1961 Renault Caravelle - Thanks for the link rodknocker - the link shows an adjustment bolt on back plate - could these be covered disc brakes?
    Appreciate the help guys and if the price gets right I sure would like to drop it on a maybe s10 frame with a spare 327 I have. Should be unique

6. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

its just normal 4CV or Daulpine parts , my 4CV is not at the house but see if you can get to the brake adjuster "stars" and un-adjust the brakes, that will make it easier to remove the drum.

Beaulieu

7. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

those aren't bad looking cars...I wouldn't mind having one.

lol 3 lug wheels remind of the LeCars.

Sorry no help here on the brakes, but now I have another car to add to the cool foriegn cars list I want.

8. That's a cool looking little ride, but hopefully parts availability isn't like the Renault parts, we get for the Mack/Renault trucks we get stuck fixing at the dealership I work at.:rolleyes::mad:

9. krooser

krooser

Only the French should drive French cars...