Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1960 starliner fender

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WTF really, Dec 2, 2018.

1. WTF really

WTF really

Hi I have a nos left front fender for a 1960 starliner. I have someone interested in buying it but I can't find any to see what they are worth. Maybe some of y'all starliner guys would know. Thanks for your help.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I would think that what you have is an NOS 1960 full size Ford front fender, not particular to a Starliner to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps a Starliner used unique trim or moldings vs a base or mid level model, but the base fender should be the same.

Nonetheless, an NOS fender of that era would most likely be a sought after part for a higher end model, like a Starliner or Sunliner, as few of the lower line models are likely to be in restoration.

As usual with this kind of question, it is difficult for anyone to know for certain what such a part is worth in the marketplace. You can ask whatever you want for it........but it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.......speculation doesn’t get the job done.

3. WTF really

WTF really

I really don't know much about these. It is a full left front fender. All I can find really is 1960 is a one year only and no reproduction ones available from what I can tell.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. Like Hnstray says, the fender should be the same as other full size Fords of that year except for the Gold Starliner script. If that script is intact it might increase the value a bit. 060716-Barn-Finds-1960-Ford-Galaxie-Starliner-1.jpg

Deuces, chevy57dude and WTF really like this.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. WTF really

WTF really

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I typed in 1960 ford fender, since they are all the same

Pist-n-Broke and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Galaxie, Starliner, Sunliner, Fairlane should all be the same.

9. WTF really

WTF really

Awesome thanks guys I didn't know they were all the same.

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know what you have in it .... but I think I would ask 3-400 bucks for it

11. If that rust-free with a few dents one fails to bring more than $100 bucks surely your NOS one should be worth a couple hundred more to the right person. JMHO.

12. Looks like we're smoking from the same pipe, Mark.:D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Deuces, chevy57dude and Moriarity like this.
  13. WTF really

WTF really

I was feeling like 300.00 should be fair. But really had no idea.

Moriarity and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. ........Just curious, what lead to think that it was particularly for a Starliner?

15. WTF really

WTF really

My dad saw it and just said hey that's a 60 starliner fender and I just took it as only a starliner because he said 60 only I guess

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Buy the one on eBay if you can get it for $99 and then you’ll have the market cornered. Who else will have BOTH left and right front fenders for that unfortunate front end collision repair ....:D

17. ^That's cold!

bobss396 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Just for the record, the 1960 full-size Fords weren't too well received when they came out. They were quite different from what most folks thought Fords should look like. No round tail-lights like most Fords of the era and those big huge flat fins. My Dad bought a new 1960 Ford (no, sadly not a Starliner) and when we were on a trip those fins served great as picnic tables! Ate many cans of Pork& Beans and ham biscuits from those fins. Now most people would die for a '60 Starliner.

slowmotion, Hnstray and WTF really like this.
  19. 62rebel

62rebel

My first real "old car" was a '60 Starliner. Bought it from a used car dealer when I was in the Navy, and let the car go back when I transferred out. Fast forward ten years and I'm back in town and he still has it on his lot. Rusty as hell and beat to shit but still runs. I bought it back and tried to restore it. Long story short, all I have left now is the pair of Starliner scripts from the front fenders. Prettiest car I've ever owned.

WTF really and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. town sedan

town sedan

The only difference I've found between 1960 full size front Ford fenders are where the holes are for the trim/nameplates. Fairlane had no front fender identification. Both the Fairlane 500 and Galaxie did.

I've paid $125 to $150 for good unrusted almost straight '60 front fenders from the boneyard several years ago. Start at $300 and see what happens. Remember your looking for that one kook who's looking for a one year only part.
    -Dave

21. WTF really

WTF really

Awesome thanks for the information I do appreciate it

22. Completely off topic here @WTF really ..but based on your avatar was wondering if you and @swade41 are dating the same gal?

23. WTF really

WTF really

I just borrow her from time to time to carry the heavy stuff

24. slowmotion

slowmotion

The old man also bought a new '60 Ford, a Galaxy in white, 2dr. Pretty car, but I was hoping for a Starliner too.:(

25. Squablow

Squablow

I agree, $300 for an NOS one seems fair. NOS stuff always gets a premium.

lothiandon1940 and WTF really like this.
  26. 62rebel

62rebel

awful lot of one-year and one-model parts that "kooks" try to find all the time. Seems like anything made past 1953 might have a unicorn part nobody repops.

town sedan likes this.
  27. town sedan

town sedan

During my time looking for "good" fenders for my sixty, I've seen far more damaged right hand fenders than damaged left fenders. Sometimes the 1960 Ford is just a little to big for it's environment.
    -Dave

28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I think $300.00 for a good, straight NOS fender is also a good price, problem is, finding someone who needs it. If you want your price for it, it may take a while. Otherwise, put it on the bay and let it go.