Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 Pontiac Ventura Info. Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigchuck, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Working on a friends '60 Ventura and need a source for side moulding clips as pictured below. I also need to know what kind of clips hold on the upper rear 1/4 mouldings- they are missing except for the stud ones on the ends. Finally if anyone has, or can take a pic of their p-brake pedal/release handle, I need to see how the release handle is supposed to go. The one on this car is loose and I think the po glued? the handle on upside down. If I twist it up so the release handle is at the top it is upside down. So I am not sure what is going on with it.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If neither you nor your friend are members of POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club Intl), you might start there. Lots of resources for parts & tech info.

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

4. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Thanks, but I really don't want to pay $$ to join a club to look for some parts for a car I am working on for somebody else, but may have to if I can't find what I need.

Anybody out there with a '60 Ventura have any good sources?

5. derbydad276

derbydad276

6. 60man

60man

I went through a restoration on a 60 and finding parts ain't easy !! The 60 is the Rodney Dangerfield model I guess..:rolleyes: The clips that hold the upper trim on quaters is a weird deal..it snaps over the pinch weld and snaps in molding.. I found some from a vendor at carlisle ..I seem to have misplaced his catalog...sorry.....that was 15 years ago ..:)
    Check/google some auto body body trim specialties companys..
    Not sure what the other items are ?? I did improvise for some clips..

7. I have someone that should have them but they're a paying member of P.O.C.I.

Try a Google search... it's FREE!

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

The e-brake arm is simply old and used...it's bent down too far...it should be closer to the bottom of the dash...the handle is correct in the pic shown...it's the arm that's the problem. You can take the whole unit off the firewall by setting the brake, attach a vise-grip to the cable so it doesn't release, remove the two (or three) bolts on the engine side of the firewall, one at the bottom of the dash and slipping the brake cable ball out of it's socket in the unit...

Then you can straighten the handle, repaint it, grease it up and put it back on...it's not that difficult...

PS, hotrodladycrusr on here has the 'extra' unit I gave her when I sold her my '60 wagon...contact her and she might sell it to you...

R-

9. Restoration Specialities
    PO Box 328
    Windbar, PA 15963
    (814) 467-9842

May be able to supply the clips you need-

My 1960 is not here right now to look at the brake release- I will get information when I can on that-

10. The best supplier I've found to date and way ahead of Aveco is Restoration Specialties. The will send you a catalog but it takes a while, well worth the wait. They also have a pretty good web site at www.restorationspecialties.com I'm not so good on web links that are Large like there's, the printed catalog is 230 pages so loading each page on my old unit just didn't work. This is a grate source for parts on hand and current info. Most of there clips in the catalog are listed with photo as well as year and model for each.
    The Wizzard

11. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Got it fixed. Had to bend the handle rod a little and then turn the handle 180 degrees. After I had the alignment right I welded the rod into the assembly.-Worked great.

12. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Sent Restoration Specialities a photo of the clips I needed. There were one of each kind that were not rusted beyond recognition. They said they couldn't help me. So, I'm going to order one of each of about 6 different ones and see it I can make something work.

13. 53chevy

53chevy

I'm curious in what you use and works. I'm in the same boat trying to match these clips. Let us know, Thanks.

Ken