Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1960 Ford F100 shortbed

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by chaddilac, Aug 4, 2018.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

City: Muskogee

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: 15,500
    Picked this truck up on a trade, and ended up building it. Pretty cool patina'd truck. Original 223 Inline 6 and 3 sp on the column. Brand new aluminum 3 row radiator. Everything refurbished or rebuilt. Engine is a perfect and runs like a sowing machine. I had the trans rebuilt along with new clutch, bearing and pressure plate, and had the flywheel resurfaced. Rear axle was flipped to the top of the springs, and the front springs had reversed eyes main leafs installed. Drop axle up front with all new brakes all around, included a new master cylinder and new clutch slave. All new brake lines front to rear. Just had an alignment also. Wheel's were blasted and primed then the painted gloss black. Tires are Firestone bias plies, 6.70 on front and 8.20 on the rear. Bed was pretty rusty so I cut it out and installed a wood bed that was torched, stained, and 5 coats of Indoor/outdoor poly. The inside was sanded all down and all the rusty floors and cab mounts were repaired. One step was replaced and then I repainted the whole interior. All gauges work and were cleaned and the needles repainted. All new glass on windshield and doors, original back glass... all new rubber/weatherstripping was installed. New handles, armrest, carpet, visors, and glove box liner installed. Seat is a 63 pickup seat and was cleaned stripped and recovered. All the wiring was in pretty good shape, and I went through it and cleaned it all up and replaced all pieces that needed it. Took it to the Lonestar roundup, had a couple carb issues that are fixed now, and then took it to the Stray Kat 500 a couple weeks later. I put the original fuel pump back on it and it was a little leaky not much but I didn't like it so I purchased a new fuel pump, I'll be installing it next week. I also have the headliner in white vinyl that matches the seat to install. The only thing that doesn't work is the wiper motor, it was vacuumed off the fuel pump but I haven't been able to get it to work. No defroster ducts either, but the heater turns off and on and the motor works. Some rust in the front fender lowers, and the cab corners I didn't replace them because of the patina. Under hood was coated in a rust inhibitor paint to prevent rust. Does have a little slop in the steering box, but it is an old truck, still so fun to drive!

SOLD!!!!!!! located in Muskogee, Clean clear title in my name. May trade but it would have to be something I would like to have, I really am wanting cash right now.

60_Ford1.jpg 60_Ford2.jpg 60_Ford3.jpg 60_Ford4.jpg 60_Ford5.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Ian Mills likes this.
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

6. chaddilac