Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 F100 "New" Shop Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51PackPatty, Jun 25, 2014.

1. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

60 Ford 1.JPG Hey HAMB'rs, Just thought I'd share some pics of my 60 F100 shop truck. Got it last Friday. Been cleaning, detailing and sweating my nads off in this humid Texas heat.....lots of rain lately.....anyways.......

2. Cool truck and it looks like it's in good shape.

What is written on the door? HRP

3. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Thanks for the comps HRP.....The guy I got it from, in white house paint, put FARM FRESH LOUISIANA on the doors. Said the truck came from Louisiana originally......it's coming off....just haven't got to that yet...

4. seatex

seatex

Sweet truck, Congrats!

5. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Nice truck, don't see a lot of those around here. Where in Texas are you from?

6. chstitans42

chstitans42
    from Anna, TX

I am pretty sure I used to own that truck. Have any more pics? Does it have a straight six engine in it with a four speed on the floor, where when changing gears you have to move the stick super far out for first and then all the way back to the seat for second? Is there a metal sheet in the front of the bed that covers up rust?

7. chstitans42

chstitans42
    from Anna, TX

If the VIN ends in 18746 than it is my old truck, and I can send you some pics of when I had it. Looks like to me the window glass has been replaced, the tires replaced, and the front grill and wheels all painted.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

9. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Thanks everybody for the comps ! I am in Aledo, Texas. Yes, it does have a 223 six banger but it's a 3 speed. It does have visable rust in the front of the bed but I found another bed in better shape for $200. It needs a driver side glass put in but appears that all glass is og. That VIN looks right. I don't have the title with me.....I'd love to see pics of when you had it. Post em up !

10. chstitans42

chstitans42
    from Anna, TX

Looks like the last few owners have been busy on the old ford. Since it left my hands it looks like someone made the paint all dull and crappy...no idea why they would, added caddy tailights, painted the bed, painted the wheels and added new tires, recovered the seat, painted the dash, added a bunch of little frills on the inside like the fuzzy dice and the steering wheel knob. That shifter is sure interesting, but I guess it solved the problem of the shifter hitting the seat. I sure as heck hope they rebuilt the carb and gave the engine a tune up, flushed the gas tank etc. Did they ever replace the block of wood that is holding the battery in the battery tray? Anyways here are the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Yep....It's the same truck. Question though...How'd the VIN get all messed up on the title. The guy I got it from claimed it was a 58. The way the VIN reads on the title, shows it as a 57. Your guess is as good as mine. I hope the Texas DPS will let me correct it. The guy had taken sand paper to the whole truck. Thats about all he did. Everything else was done prior to him. No wood in the battery box but it was still all rotted out. I've replaced it already. The wiring in the engine bay was garbage. There was at least 3 splices on every wire in there. I've replaced all that. It runs like a top. I ran it to Grand Prairie, Texas for a carshow this past Saturday. About 80 miles round trip, all freeway. Ran like a top. Choke could use some adjusting..... The dice and suicide knob are mine.....LOL

12. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Oh...I covered the seat too.....

13. chstitans42

chstitans42
    from Anna, TX

When I had it, it ran ok, but the carb flooded pretty easily. Im sure it was taken care of. The engine always ran well, it shifted well and stopped well. As for the title issue, typos happen all the time, but the vin on the truck says 1960 and I am sure that is what it is. I am happy that the truck finally made it to someone who looks like they are gonna keep it. I know it went through two or three owners before it got to you.
    So are you happy with what they did to the paint?

14. Crookshanks

Crookshanks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good looking pickup! Lots o' potential there!

15. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

I'll get the title straightened out. I'm ok with the paint. It's the redneck version of Hot Rod Flatz. I'd like to go with a satin red for the whole truck with flat white accents. People do what they do when on a budget. It is what it is...... It gets a lot of attention like it is. There is other areas of body work needed but all in due time.....

16. SixtyFord

SixtyFord

Looks good! I like the flat look of the paint.

17. chstitans42

chstitans42
    from Anna, TX

Im sure the steps and bed still need attention, nut honestly the amount of rust it has isnt close to being bad. Should be easy fixes

18. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Yeah....LMC has all the step parts I need. I found another bed without a rust hole one in it ! $200 ! I did some suttle changes on it today.......

Attached Files:

19. Nice looking truck! I've got a 60 as well. My favourite front end and grille treatment from the period.
    If it were mine, I'd swap out those taillights and the shifter. I see someone walking around the back of the bed and catching a shirt on a taillight pretty quick. But that's just me.

What are the plans for it?

20. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

LOL....I just put those tail lights on ! I'm diggin the shifter. It's actually pretty comfortable to shift with it. Future plans are to take care of the rust issues. May upgrade to a V8......WHEN the 223 craps out...if that ever happens....

21. Neat truck man! I also am not sure about the tailights just because I'd be afraid of them breaking, the shifter is bad ass though.

22. 51PackPatty

51PackPatty

Thanks Boss....We'll see how it goes with those tail lights......If they get broke like ya'll think they are, I'll let ya know. Then ya'll can tell me "Told ya so"... LOL

23. Very nice looking truck... wish I could find a decent early Ford to run around in.

I get ya on the taillights! Had to try them since I saw them on another one years ago and felt that it was kind of cool. Then my boy liked it so much he wants to go with them for now - we'll try them for a while / until they get knocked off.

Attached Files: