Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 Chevrolet 283ci not firing

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by xlobsterboyx, Jan 2, 2020.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nobody has mentioned this...and hate to ask a stupid question...but are ALL the rocker arms moving? Broken cam shaft perhaps...

2. Pontmerc

Pontmerc
    from Finland

If it was mine, i would put jumper cable between distributor body and battery negative terminal.and then try to start.

X-cpe likes this.
  3. TimCT

TimCT

4. Check or replace Dist internal grounds and better yet put a rebuilt stock dist. with the door in the cap use a new cap, Plug wires use metal core wire check all wire ends for correct fit and contact, Plugs, use NGK Iridium, New rotor, New Ignition Switch, new wire from the Solenoid to Ignition (the main hot wire), ground Battery to the engine, engine to frame and frame to car body three grounds including the Battery ground.

tractorguy likes this.
  5. If I couldn't get a engine that has compression & was getting spark and gas running in 30 minutes. I would tear it apart to find out what is actually wrong.

hotrodjack33 and Andy like this.
  6. Well did you ever get you vette engine running?

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Hasn't posted since wed. Maybe it's running and he's driving it.

8. Well I hate it when someone ask for help and then leaves everyone hanging ?

greaser, kevinrevin and Memphis T. like this.