Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 buick dynaflow problems.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60galaxieJJ, Feb 28, 2015.

1. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

So my buddy has a 60 buick 364 nailhead with a dynaglide. He rebuilt the transmission everything seems to work great but theres no reverse. Itll either try to go in reverse for a second or itll lunge forward. We've checked the linkage and everything seems right. Are there any dynaglide gurus on here that can shine some light on the subject? Any help would be much appreciated. Or if anyone in WA knows of a decent transmission place.

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

3. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

I've done Ford transmissions and will not claim to be an expert by any means. Since you describe the problem beginning immediately after rebuild, I would suspect the rebuild. The problems you describe sound like the valve body is missing a part or not put back together correctly. The valve body directs or redirects fluid flow to activate clutches. Hate to say it as it is a hassle pulling the valve body, but that is my guess from about 2,000 miles away.

4. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

I forget... Does the 1960 still have a torque-tube? If so, replace engine and trans mounts and trans thrust pad. If these are too soft, it will throw the linkage adjustment all to hell, even to the point of no reverse, or bouncing - literally - between low and reverse.

5. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

There is no such thing as a Dynaglide. There is Dynaflow, Powerglide, Turboglide, Toyoglide, but no Dynaglide.
    I would definitely check the thrust pad for wear. Having reverse and Lo next to each other would definitely be sensitive to any movement of transmission vs. linkage.