Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1960 3 speed Muncie in Model A pics?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hot Rod 50, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Hey guys. Quick refresher. I’ve been gone a little while

30 model A “the all business coop” is my thread.

Drivetrain is a 1955 265’ chevy with a 1960 3 speed Muncie mated to a 50 Ford F-1 rear axle

Does anyone have any clutch pedal and floor shift setup pics?

I would appreciate it a bunch.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Andy

Andy

I am using that trans in my 32. I am using a 40 column shift set up. I made a special bracket that moved the pedals out toward the frame. The 40 clutch linkage was also used.
    I recently worked on my son’s 91 mustang. It uses a cable to operate the clutch. I think it would be really easy to use in you car. Run it back from the pedal and loop back to pull on the throw out lever. F1 pedals would work for you.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Yea I’m thinking a cable would work nice. Might even be able make a slave cylinder work.

4. Andy

Andy

I have great little slave cylinder. It needs nothing and might work for you. Pics if interested.
    You could use it with a 60 pu dual m/c.

5. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I used an early 60s chevy Pick up bellhousing, the one with the pass side clutch fork. Its already set up for slave cylinder, And I also used the chevy brake - clutch combo master under the floor.

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

1960 Muncie would be the "short" version; it would also have an extension housing transmission mount. I have a NOS Hurst, and several used setups. The hydraulic clutch seems to be covered pretty well already. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Yea it’s the little tiny trans with the long tail section. PM me if you’d like to sell one of the used setups. And I’ll go scrounging around here for the slave cylinder threads.