Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 / 1961Dodge Chrysler Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Jul 23, 2020.

1. scotts52

scotts52

I'm trying to find out what the going rate for the back window in a 60/61 hardtop is going for. Figure if I run across one and it's a good deal I'd like to buy it. As insurance in case mine breaks.

2. Like 1958-59 Chevies - alot of early Mopars were crushed as undesirable....if you could get one for around $300 I'd say buy it.

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Chrysler and Desoto rear windows are different than the Dodge and Plymouth in those years.

And :) Dodge and Plymouth used two different coupe rear windows - a standard one found on Belvedere and a 'Sky-High' taller version on Fury. To make it more confusing, the tall window was optional for the lower models. Dodge was the same.

Welcome to Mopar :D

unnamed (6).jpg PF60PLY2.jpg

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

As for value, they're all worth about the same. $300 sounds about right, maybe more or less on condition and factory tint.

What's really valuable is the gasket for the windshield and rear window. Never ever cut one! Since the glass locks into the gasket, they can almost always be reused. Aftermarket seals are generic, require a lot of sealant, and are usually too "puffy" to get window trim to fit properly. Good Mopar window rubber will sell easier than good glass.

scrap metal 48 and low down A like this.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

those cars are all funny looking.

6. scotts52

scotts52

Thanks for the education. I had no idea.

Has anyone ever looked into Steele Rubber to see if they would be willing to reproduce some of the gaskets? I remember some company saying they were willing to make anything as long as someone had a good example they could use. Though it was Steele but maybe it was someone else.

7. gene-koning

gene-koning

I think I would see if a rear window is still available for your car. If they are still available, storing a large piece of glass isn't easy, I'd give that a lot of thought. Your current lass has probably been in the car since 1960, are you expecting it to self destruct soon?

8. earlymopar

earlymopar

61' Plymouth Belvedere named "Fugly".

- EM
    FUGLY.JPG

9. ken bogren

ken bogren

I'd like to have a 60 Plymouth with a 61 fPlymouth ront clip.

Be fun to see how many (few) noticed the switch.