Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1959 Rochester BC

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Jon G, May 31, 2019.

1. Jon G

Jon G

City: Dallas

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $40
    I've owned and used this for 40 years or more. It is a Rochester BC which was taken off of a 1959 235. The prior owner had stripped the threads of the fuel inlet and I had to repair it in time to drive to work on Monday. So it was JB Weld to the rescue.

This was the 2nd or 3rd of the Rochesters straightened with the jig I made for the Rochester study last year. This meant the air horn and float bowl were straightened using a heating process to relax the casting. The goal was to get them straight within .002" or better to solve vacuum leaks and seepage issues known widely to plague these. It turned out ok and I rebuilt it using a brand new 57 size jet. If you want me to include a 58 size jet, just ask and I will. Everything was cleaned, checked and the power piston was cleaned and polished in the process. The float was set so the carburetor would run slightly lean, but if you want I'll gladly set it back to the standard height. It is simply a user and won't win any beauty contest. If you need a straight BC for a later model 235 (center post air cleaner), this one is ready to install, adjust and use. If you are crafty and very patient, you might be able to remove the JB Weld and make it look nicer. I think I'd just leave it alone, though. $40 plus the cost of shipping. If questions or if you want more images, please send an email or personal message.[​IMG]

2. Jon G

Jon G

Sold. Thanks.