Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Ford F100 - Sitting in a barn.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HWould, Jul 1, 2013.

1. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Great find and looks so straight and solid!

2. HWould

HWould
    from TX

Loving that front end, man! Looks like a beast coming down the road. Yours def looks to be in a bit cleaner. Gotta love when all the original parts are just sitting there like that.

I've got a 2nd job that kept me busy all day. Drove over to the shop just to sit and stare for a few minutes. haha.

Going to lower it the way it is. If it doesn't look right with the toolboxes/rack, we'll take them off and leave them in the bed for the next owner. Trying to change as little as possible. Going to be a good amount of time before the drop, though. Sid's is 6 weeks out. :(

3. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Those door signs rock. I'd love a pair like that for one of my rides...

4. desertdroog

desertdroog

When Ducks are lucky... Congrats on the Patina'd Indian Turquoise, or is it April Green? '59.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. Wow, how did you wash it? That's a nice old truck.

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Sweet score, and finally a barn find, in an actual barn, with pics. I'd loose the bins and piping if it were mine.

Scotty

7. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

That thing is in nice shape. I 've always liked the mint color too!

8. HWould

HWould
    from TX

Chris got it running. Put the carb back on, hooked up the coil, turned right over. She's alive!

@desertdroog - Indian Turquoise. Is that the actual name of the paint color? Thanks for the congrats! *quack* haha.

@hot-rod dude - Washed it with water and a soft brush, very lightly. Just enough to get the compounded dirt off of it. Almost thought of not washing it, at all. Glad we did. Looks awesome.

@n.z.rodder - Funny thing is, only reason I took pics of it in the barn was because I knew my friends wouldn't believe me. My one buddy always says, "Pics or it didn't happen." I'm thinking the same about the bins/piping. I really want to see the look without the them. Problem is there will be holes in the truck where they were attached.

9. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

Nice score! Wish I could find a truck like that, but chances of finding a barn in my side of town is unheard of!