Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1959 edsel ranger build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodmnm, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Yes it is . I did some research and came up with, that carb being a Shelby cobra carb for a 427. Pretty rare.

~Hotrodmnm

2. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

[​IMG]

So I finally got the fuel pump off. And this is what I found.... think it's been a while??

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  3. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Alright. So I know I've been a little off lately. But i thought I'd step in and let you all know, I have gotten the fuel tank off, it is in perfect condition, no rust, and I will be putting it back in shortly, the fuel pump has been cleaned. I got a new air filter just because I will be getting chrome valve covers ad well. I am hoping it runs after the fuel system is hooked up again, so I can get it out and pressure washed. More updates to Come! Please stay tuned! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  4. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Alright, so I got going to my car yesterday, I got the fuel system rebuilt, and it runs and drives completely on its own now. We got the dwell adjusted and timed. New points and condenssors are in. I did an oil change, and put new tranny fluid in it. And got to experiment with some paint colors. What do you think? Red and white, or turquoise and white? Thoughts?? :)

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Both color combinations look good. I've agreed to buy an Edsel in two weeks.

6. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Good luck!! What year are you looking at? Ranger?

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  7. RMONTY

RMONTY

I think the wire wheels and turquoise color will be an excellent combo for a HotRodChick! The red will get you a bunch of speeding tickets "they" say, whoever "they" are...tell your dad how awesome he is for sharing "the hobby" and his time with you working on your hot rod!

Hemiman 426, Hotrodmnm and loudbang like this.
  8. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Skirts to come! Also going to lower it!

~Hotrodmnm

9. manyolcars

manyolcars

It
    It's a 59 too. Any car looks good
    Red and white. Turquoise fits 50s cars

10. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Thank you! I am definetly leaning towards the turquoise. I've been wanting it that color pretty much ever sense I got it, i just was trying to keep my options open, but after doing just that rear fender. I think that pretty much gave me my answer.

~Hotrodmnm

bedwards likes this.
  11. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I am looking for a pair of fender skirts for my car!! If you have anything please let me know!:)

~Hotrodmnm

12. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

Wow - for a "bomb can" paint job, the quarter looks very good. I prefer the turquoise/white combination. I have a pink/white 58 Citation two door hardtop. 50s color combinations rock !
    Good job on the car so far.

13. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Thank you very much!

~Hotrodmnm

14. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Hey! Does anyone here have a windshield dsheild they'd be willing to sell me for my car?? Let me know!!

~Hotrodmnm

15. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Alright guys so I made a run to this junk yard I found near me, with like 6 other edsels. Found q bunch of parts. And only ended up spending a small amount. This is what I found!

Before [​IMG]

After [​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

~Hotrodmnm

bedwards and loudbang like this.
  16. manyolcars

manyolcars

What? What are you wanting?

loudbang likes this.
  17. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

A windshield. Stupid phone...

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  18. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Turquoise and white is spot on for a 59, if you go to the junk yard again i would be interested in a set of hood letters thats all i need now as managed to find the other parts over here through the UK Edsel group

loudbang likes this.
  19. manyolcars

manyolcars

loudbang likes this.
  20. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I will definetly let you know! I might even have an extra set, I will have to check, I will get in touch with you later to let you know for sure.

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  21. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

You're making great progress.
    I vote for turquoise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. loudbang likes this.
  23. bedwards

bedwards

I guess its a old car thing, but I enjoyed trips to the junk yard to get goodies. Your radio looks spot on for the vintage, its just like mine.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I do have an extra set in in perfect condition. The only thing wrong with them is the first "E" I don't have the nut too. But i do have all the others. Make me an offer and they are yours.

~Hotrodmnm

loudbang likes this.
  25. The main problem with used glass, the new glass today is much better and safer. Old glass may break getting it out of the old car and into the new car. Mine is new and it still took a bit to get that and the gasket in place, you will need a fresh gasket. The lower trim goes in with the gasket.

loudbang likes this.
  26. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

Alright guys, I know it's been slow lately. But i am still making progress. Today I got her out and pressure washed. She is driving on her own power. [​IMG][​IMG]

~Hotrodmnm

chryslerfan55 and unclescooby like this.
  27. RMONTY

RMONTY

You got some overspray on that right rear tire.... :p Get that thing painted! That turquoise is going to make that car the envy of most old car lovers!

28. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

I noticed that. It did end up coming off with the pressure washer. I am thinking about painting it all turquoise. That fender is done only with a spray can just to get an idea of colors. Bit I have officially decided on turquoise and white, I just haven't decided if painting it would be too much of a pain while I am still doing body work. What are your thoughts?

~Hotrodmnm

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. RMONTY

RMONTY

Get all the body work done.....put a good primer on those areas that you do body work on, once all the body work is done buy a buncha pizza and sodas and call all your friends that want to cruise in that cool old car and have a "block" party! As in blocking the primer! That is my suggestion! Do some research on "guide coats" if you don't know about it already. That will make for a really nice paint job.

chryslerfan55 and Hotrodmnm like this.
  30. Hotrodmnm

Hotrodmnm
    from payson

That's kinda what I was thinking. Although I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else working on this car. She is my baby. I've got alot of work to do before I have to worry about painting it.

~Hotrodmnm