Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Chevy Wagon Rear Valance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959Nomad, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

I am wondering if anyone knows specifically what the differences are on the rear valances for the 1959 Chevy wagons/El Camino's as compared to the cars
    Anyone have info on this? I have a banged up set from a sedan and they are close but not correct. it looks like I could modify and it would be nice to see what is needed at the end. Any pictures and/or dimensions would be appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. squirrel

squirrel

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

just in case some one else wants to see how it can be done..
    not for every one, but will look a lot better than nothing. made a little tool to do the flange. the key was finding the smashed up one to use as a reference.
    basically reshape the 2 main openings to make them larger, take ~1/2" out of the rear face in the slot and keep the overall width about the same.

drop me a PM if you want additional information to give it a try. the regular car valances are a lot easier to come by that the Wagon / El Camino ones.

here is the link to the rest of the car

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628480

Attached Files:

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

cool, looks like i missed it. i think the key is to have a correct one reference.

5. flat top austin

flat top austin

I think ther not as wide as the car was cuz the bumper sits lover on elcos and wagons