Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1959 Chevy Taillights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COCONUTS, Apr 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Coming into work this morning, I notice a small jellybean import (I am in Kuwait right now, and maybe they don't have this model in the states) sporting tail lights much like those of a 1959 Chevy, but smaller, which got me thinking. I have two sets of 59 Chevy Taillights, one set from a sedan/hardtop and the other from a station wagon. Always wanted to incorporated them in some form of a custom addition, but nothing that I have or had, would look good with them. If I read it once on the H.A.M.B., I read it a million times, "just because you can do it...does not mean it should be done" and "being different is not always good". The only time I have seen this type of a taillight being used on a custom, is when someone sunk them into the rear quarters, going up and down, with the points, pointing up. I am wondering if anyone every use 59 Chevy taillights on a custom project.

2. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

OK, so I guess that no body likes 1959 Chevy tail lights, unless they are on a 1959 Chevy.

3. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I usually do stuff because I like it not because I want the hens to approve of it. There are always going to be hens everywhere you go... Fukem

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461255499.525881.jpg

4. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

You know the rules.....Its not true if there aint no picture. I love the 59-60 chevy. I have been to Kuwait too. 2002.

5. Kustom7777 at least contemplated it on his car at one point.
    [​IMG]

6. squirrel

squirrel

The 59 chevy WAS like a custom, from the factory....but it's a big car, and most Kustoms are made from smaller, rounder cars, so those big lights don't really fit in.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

They are such an iconic light that you would have trouble making them look like they "belonged". One of the benchmarks for a good custom is that everything works together and looks like that is how it should have been done from the factory.