Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Cadillac Coupe Question/For Sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Sep 29, 2011.

1. 1959apache

1959apache

Well this is really old, but I suppose ready for an update none the less..

Long story short I didn't buy it. After I called initially they wouldn't take any less than $3500 for it. It didn't have a title and it was not even registered in their name, someone else technically owned it. So I let it sit on c-list for a while and was prepared with $3500 to go down there and get it and called them up after talking with the police to make sure it was legally theirs to sell and not stolen... After calling they still had it, but bumped the price to $5000 FIRM. I requested some additional pictures of it and found that the frame was rotten and sagging and the bumpers and chrome were actually rusting from the back side and were paper thin... oh and a rod blew through the pan... Other than that it was sold to me... haha. I just decided to stay home since these inbred morons around here think their stuff is worth $2000+ more than what it is actually worth. With that money I saved I was able to buy the house I am in now with a 1,200 sq. ft. garage

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you made a wise decision.

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

1959apache, You made the right decision. You can't live in a car. It would have cost you a ton of money to restore that Caddy- more than it would ever be worth.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Very wise decision...you said you already had two projects...this one would have eaten your money like an out of control addicted gambler. Cadillacs are not cheap to restore...and this one certainly was not the "I would just like something nice to drive to shows...", it would have ended up being your third project...!!!

R-

5. boomosby

boomosby

thats terrible, if they ever decided to part that thing, please repost!