Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1959 Cadillac commercial chassis wheel cylinders

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Sumter DeGaris, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Sumter DeGaris

Sumter DeGaris

I am in the process of getting a commercial chassis 1959 Cadillac on the road again and had a question about the wheel cylinders.

It appears the the left and right front wheel cylinders are the same as are the left and right rear are also the same on the series 60 and 75 but is the same true for the commercial chassis?

I am finding a lot of listing on websites like caddydaddy and cadillac parts ltd, that don't always specify if the wheel cylinders are for a commercial chassis or not.

It would be simple to call the companies and ask but calling companies and waiting in call ques takes a lot of time.

Does anyone have part numbers for front/ rear and left/ right for commercial chassis wheel cylinders or better yet a website that would have these parts? Would knowing the bore size help in identifying a commercial chassis wheel cylinder and is the bore the same for both sides on front and back?

Thank you.

2. Since you're asking about them, you are missing them? There is a website dedicated to the commercial cars like hearses and limos so might want to ask there. I just don't remember the name of the site.

3. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I would send out the ones you have, providing you have them, and have them stainless sleeved, it does get pricey but you'll be happier in the long run, the new stuff you get today is just pure shit, I bought two front wheel cylinders for a 50 dodge 1 ton one of them was leaking before i got the drum on, the air in the line shoved fluid to the other side when i put the spring on, and it was dripping out of the cylinder there was a scratch in it and it was running past the cup, I usually send them out to sleeve them but wanted this truck outa the shop so I opted to buy new, that was a mistake, so I sent the 2 year old ones out that were leaking to have them sleeved, friggen junk.

4. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

See if you can find someone who has a master parts list for the old caddys,i have one but it only covers 1936-1949.You can also try over at the Cadillac Lasalle Club forum,it is a active forum,someone there will have the info,maybe even the parts you need too. Harvey

5. CadMad

CadMad

I have the master parts book. I’ll have a look tomorrow.