Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Nicks59

Nicks59

Nice truck Ya the 60 grill will fit are u going to sell your 59 grill

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Nicks59

Nicks59

3. D-man313

D-man313

4. RmK57

RmK57

I almost bought this truck from a swap meet a few weeks ago. Had one patch on the drivers floor, the rest was rust free. 6 cyl three on the tree. 1959 f100 (11) (1024x683).jpg

Maverick Daddy and Nicks59 like this.
  5. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

I was told by the previous owner he took three springs out of each spring pack.

6. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Thanks.Not sure yet on swapping the grill or selling the 59 grill.

Nicks59 likes this.
  7. Nicks59

Nicks59

If u are hit me up

8. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

My Son Connor and his 60 on the Lake photo (6).JPG

9. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Will do.

10. Great thread,Let's keep it going.

Unibodyguy likes this.
  11. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

12. bREWcITYbIRD

bREWcITYbIRD

Picked this truck up this summer out in Ohio, same truck as post 510. Been through a couple owners since patrick66 owned it. I changed a few things up on it......[
    20140725_182201.jpg 20140803_103515.jpg 20140810_105625.jpg 20140810_105654.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  13. That really looks nice! I like the wheels and the fact you changed up that LOUD exhaust the PO before me put on it. Very nice!

14. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I just picked up this 60 short wide big back window, not sure on the plan, I guess getting a engine and trans would be a good first step! Super solid, very little rust! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419991197.840852.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419991223.541919.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. resol

resol

Here's my "work in progress"

Attached Files:

sambo and bREWcITYbIRD like this.
  16. I like the stance, How did you get it there?

17. sambo

sambo

I sold my red 60 6 months ago to focus on my 46- ya,I got another one for Christmas......not as nice but has a 66 Merc 410-4 speed. Traded a set of tires for it. I'll put up a picture when we drag it home.Darn Fridges get a hold on ya! I drive a 51 f1 flathead but need more power. And cant replace the flatty cuz it sounds to good.

18. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

sold some time ago, with 460 / C6, was fun to drive it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  19. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

hi all , i'm from france and i'd like to lower my 1960 F100 (from oregon) , but it seems complicated for me, and the parts for the project must come from USA with a cost of shipment very high !

but it will be done !

there's my truck and his sister , more pictures later
    P1010099.jpg

thanks for your help

Oli

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  20. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Hi Oli, Be sure to do a lot of research before you buy parts to lower your truck. This thread has several posts regarding the lowering of these trucks. The use of dropped axles is mentioned many times, and I believe this is the safest way to do it. There are numerous choices and a few are troublesome, so you need to be sure on which one you decide to use. Removing leaves from the springs is one way to do it, but be careful because this can weaken the front suspension. Also, if this is your first experience with a solid axle, be aware of ground clearance! When I put the dropped axle on my '59 I graded the gravel in my driveway the first time I drove out. Ha ha, part of the fun! Good luck!

21. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

hi Jacksmith , thanx for your reply !

i have the truck since last summer, so i know the rigid axle driving is something diferent
    the dropped axle is for me the better way , i've seen all the threads speaking about that , and also monoleafs and the problems with , notched frames...

looking now for a dropped axle , there are any sellers in USA and different prices , i have to choose the most interesting because shipping cost is as expensive as the part itself .
    i've seen completes suspension kits for lower the trucks , about 1000$ for front and rear , but you can drive the truck as a daily driver .

right now i wonder what is the right and better way : axle , axle+ monoleafs, axle+ spindles ..

i'm also looking for a dual carb intake (2 one barrel carbs) from offenheiser, and a dual exhaust system.. a lot of ideas but not so much money !!

i will keep the original parts , and make nothing irreversible.

sorry for my bad english , my french is much better

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  22. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Ha ha, don't worry, your English is a lot better than my French!
    Sounds like you're heading in a cool direction to personalize your truck!
    The dropped axles and components that seem to work best for the guys with solid axles come from "Sids". I tried the axle from "Classic" that is a tube with forged ends. I used the original spindles, a set of tie rod drop kits, new stock springs, kingpins and bushings. The fit and construction was good, but the camber was off, causing bump steer. The turning radius was also reduced. It is my understanding that those symtoms do not occur with the parts from "Sids", but I was not aware of them at the time I did my modifications. If I knew about "Sids" I think I would have kept the solid axle because I prefer the old school vibe... But I wanted the truck to sit lower and handle better, so I swapped to a Z-28 Camaro sub-frame. I recently moved from the Chicago area to the Sacramento, CA. area. The truck is still in Chicago, and will be transported to California in July. I can then resume the project.

23. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

yes , i'm dreaming from years looking american trucks pictures on internet , and any styles are very cool !
    thank you for your informations about"classic" steel axles, i was thinking about sid's mods on the originals axles, and the look is much better too.
    i've seen everytime that the max lowering for a 60's axle is about 2" . more for the oldest series of F100.
    in france we don't have many posibilities to see the job on others truck, it's very poor on olds american trucks, so we have to imagine much more than american guys !

so i will contact sid soon , to have an idea of delay and total price (taxes ufffff....) .

the whites tires are very nice too , can you tell me something about diameter most adapted for lowering the truck (originals 15" ? with beauty rings and 50's style centers ) .

thank you for your help !

Oli

24. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

this one is like i want mine

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  25. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

The two sources I've used for wide whitewall tires are Coker and Diamondback. Either of those should be able to supply the tires you want. Coker will give you a price break if you buy tires and wheels at the same time and will mount & balance them, then ship them ready to go on your vehicle. (There are several others, those are two reliable sources I've had good experiences with) I've had the best results for choosing the correct size wheels and tires for a modified vehicle by making any changes to the suspension and body first, then decide what will fit on the vehicle. To achieve a classic look, typically a 15" wheel with a tall sidewall is the best. A low profile tire with space between the top of the tire and the wheel opening never looks right. I think the example you have shown above is excellent! Check out Bob Drake reproductions for high quality trim rings and center caps.

26. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

yes, you're right, it looks bad when with low profile tires you have a space between the tire and the fender.

the example i choose (yours seems similar) is for me the "perfect" adjustment for tires ans wheels dimensions, and the highth of the chassis.

maybe the wheels i already have (15") are ok for this classic look, in this case i just have to find the beauty rings and the center caps.

i'd contact Sid axles yesterday for pricing about dropped axle, U bolts, and steering adaptation parts.
    now waiting for the reply.
    today i've been looking for whitewall tires in france , just 2 brands are easy to find, but the profile is too "modern school" and i don't like them.

thank you for all contacts you give me, i'm trying to make the "good" choice for every part, i really want my truck as same as a " typical american dropped truck" , and not air ride the guys here make everytimes!

my wheels now: P1010108.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  27. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

The wheels you have should be fine for what you want. Painted the color of your choice with trim rings would have a good look for your truck! Even the caps you have would work after the chrome is polished.

28. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

no, the caps are poor chinese reprods , i've seen a lot of very nices on various links you gave me.

for the wheels, well ..... red !

well , i've contacted droppedaxles 3 days ago , and no response. wait 2 days more and ask other time !

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  29. ACHILLE11

ACHILLE11

hi all ,

someone knows what automatic trans can be assembled with the original L6 239CI ?

i'd like to make the swap, but without too much work for adaptation .
    maybe the same engine has been used in "town cars" with an original auto trans, ans if it's possible to find wich models are with this original setup...

thanks for your help !

oli

30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

In 1960, I believe that truck would have come with the 223 ci L6, which was also the base engine for Fords and Edsels and was available with an automatic transmission.