Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1958 edsel lower control arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cshades, Jun 19, 2019.

1. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Hi guys. I have a customers 58 edsel in for new ball joints and control arm bushings. The upper bushings went in with no problem. I installed the right side lower bushings in the same orientation that I removed them from. I started on the left side and noticed the bushings were installed differently than the pass side. I installed them same as the pass side and the bushings are to far away from the mounting points. So I pulled the arm back off and changed the direction of the bushings but they do not stay in place in the arm. So what way are the bushings supposed to face? This thing has been worked on previously so I assume it was put back together incorrectly on one side. When it came in all of the bushings were missing or the rubber hanging out. any advice would be appreciated.

2. This almost could be a trick question.

To answer properly I need to know what Edsel is this (small or large series) and the build date.

The early cars used a different setup than the later cars.

Oldmics

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

sorry --- it is a citation. I cant find a build date on it. the last digits in the vin are x701422