Register now to get rid of these ads!

1958 Edsel Gas Tank connection

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Kristovar, Jul 16, 2020.

  1. Kristovar
    Joined: Jun 25, 2013
    Posts: 1


    Hey guys,

    I'm in the process of restoring my pair of 1958 Edsel Rangers and working from the back towards the front. First stop is the gas tanks and looking at resealing them as finding actual replacement tanks are almost impossible to find. There's one connection in the front of the tank that I can't remove to make sure I don't seal it itself or what to do with the connection inside the tank itself. I'm including pictures from the outside and what it looks like from the inside. I don't want to try drilling it out as my last resort, but might have to resort to that. If anyone could tell me what the part is called in case it's damaged or has any knowledge on how to remove it it would be greatly appreciated!

    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Scrapbmxrider16
    Joined: Jul 29, 2020
    Posts: 35


    That is called a bung. If you can find a radiator repair shop they should be able to replace it for you
  3. bedwards
    Joined: Mar 25, 2015
    Posts: 276


    I just replaced mine with a copper line soldered in.
  4. simplyconnected
    Joined: Jun 5, 2009
    Posts: 64


    Rockauto sells a fuel tank for a '58 Fairlane for $212:
    I don't see how this wouldn't fit a '58 Edsel.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.