Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Vettes hit by Tornado

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, Aug 28, 2007.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I heard that a very violent storm,possibly a Tornado went through the Vettes at Carlisle PA event. The tent with 1957 cars was destroyed. Info is sketchy but I heard 1 fatal, Many injuries and damaged vettes. ???? FYI

2. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

3. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Links not working?

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I hope no one died but the rest is just corvette's. Its not like it was a tent full of 26-34 ford's...... Dont throw stones at me I just dont care for vette's

5. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

So a persons hard earned money and countless hours of work mean nothing just because it is a Vette? Strange perspective but your intitled to your opinion.

Me, I feel bad for anybody who was hurt and whos car was damaged.

6. thats a brain dead comment.......

7. ratt7

ratt7

My buddy also emailed me these picks, this has to be the first time that this type of damaged has occurred at a car show. It's a bad thing to happen to anyone.

8. Deacon Of Drunk

Deacon Of Drunk
    from San Antone

is that stones i hear whizzing through the virtual air?

9. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Does anyone have the real story instead of deadend links, links to links? How about the story?

10. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

It's a shame you can't appreciate the hard work, money, and everything else that goes into restoring and/or modifing any car.

No, I don't own a Vette but I can damn sure appreciate them!!

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't think that was tornado damage but it sure was high winds! Had that been a real twister there would have been a wide barren path surrounded by Corvette and tent pic-up-stix in piles and car carriers and motor homes blown to bits.

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Its not brain dead comment x gasser its freedom of speech:D. I just do not like those car. I do appreciate hard work and restoring a car. Those guys that own those cars will far ok when they get the insurance checks.

I feel some more stones coming my way:p :p :p

13. Larry T

Larry T

14. repoguy

repoguy

Yep, you've got a few more stones coming your way.

Dude, that's pretty fucked up to say that "it's only a bunch of vettes". So, if a bunch of hardworking guys lose their cars and probably hundreds of hours of their labor, that's cool because they weren't 26-34 Fords, which is what YOU appreciate? I'm sure you'd be really understanding if you walked outside one day to see your model A hit by a moving truck and destroyed, and a passerby said to you "hey, no big deal, just some shitty old model A!"

And you're talking out of your ass of the insurance deal. If you've ever lost a vintage car to the elements or a wreck you'd know how bad a lot of these guys are going to get screwed by their insurance companies and lose money. Apparently that's not a big deal though since they don't share your taste in cars.

15. Blinders on kinda tite? Mother nature don't care what ya drive. Sorry for the rocks.

16. Corvette64

Corvette64

Theres alway one belligerent loud mouth in every crowd. No one here asked what you like asshole, but since you brought up the subject, your flame job looks like it was done by a 13 yr old with the can of white Krylon left over after he was done huffing it.

17. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Wow... Im thinnin bulletts now.
    Dave
    someone pass the popcorn and the salt please

18. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

I wonder what stones would be thrown if it was a tent full of Boyd's cars...

19. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

At the end of the day it would have been a non-issue if the owners didn't need tents to hide their cars under.

20. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

comeon guys... it is sad what happened to a bunch of cool cars and i'm sure we all appreciate the older vettes. if you've never owned or driven one then you have missed out on a truely fantastic experience. nothing rides, drives or performs like a mid year vette. and those first gen straight axle cars, well no comparison... quit slinging shit and give up a little heart for their loss. jezzz

21. evol55

evol55

i Live near carlisle . there was alot of damage in carlisle , 17 injured at the fairgrounds .One guy had a tree fall on him while he was leaving the fairgrounds in his corvette he was taken to hospital. Noone was killed. The storm was a straightline wind storm no tornado. We had alot of trees down all over the town. Power was out for a couple of hrs. Yea alot of people dont like vettes. If i had the money i would have 63' or older one. most of the vettes arent my thing but u have to think of all the blood sweat and tears that go into alot of them.

22. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Nasty business hope everyone involved is ok!....

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A few boo-boo's and scratchs. All the cars look very fixable. Whether your a Vette fan or not it is always a shame to see cars damaged.

My most favorite daily driver of all time was my red '90 ragtop. The car handled like a wet dream, was fast, and looked great. A blast to drive for 10 years.

24. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I guess the belligerent loud mouth showed his head. I didnt paint the flames on my car. My 9 year old did thanks:D

25. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Maybe you should have your 9 year old proof your posts.

26. Whatever happened to learning all you needed to know in kindergarten, anyways?

27. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

It's some ones love and hard work regardless of what it is

28. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

29. Notorious

Notorious

It's beyond unbelievable that when some fellow car folks have had something like this happen to them that some people here still can't resist using the opportunity to show everyone what asses they are.